Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar

Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar

Bubble Bath

Review of "Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar"

published 28/01/2012 | mojo-mojo
Member since : 15/01/2012
Been absent for a while due to illness, I have finally returned to this wonderful community. thanks to those who have continued to support me xx having issues uploading photos again...sorry!
Pro Multitude of Bubbles, Comforting, Effective, Luxurious
Cons None for me
Does it smell good?

"A Bubble Wrapped Comfort Blanket for your Bath from Lush"

Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar fresh out of the bag

Lush The Comforter Bubble Bar fresh out of the bag

I am officially lush’s number one fan, I absolutely adore their fabulous and amazing array of innovative products that are handmade using only the very best natural and organic ingredients together with a well thought out mix of essential oils to bring it’s users the most amazing experiences possible.

I love their ethics and everything they stand for, how passionate they are about making the most pure of products making absolutely sure that no ingredients used had been tested on animals in any way what so ever and is as naturally sourced as possible removing any potentially harmful chemicals to us and the environment, it’s inspiring how determined they are to reduce product packaging and sell all their products either naked and in packed recycled paper bags or in recycled pots which you can save and take back to be recycled again, sometimes with a bonus for doing so such as a free product or gift, I admire their determination to help us to reduce our carbon footprints in order to do our part in helping to go green and do everything we can to contribute towards the saving of our planet.

I always buy my lush products from my nearest local lush Leeds store and I have always been impressed with how lovely and friendly the staff are, how they are always ready to answer any questions with extensive and expert knowledge on their products in what they are made of, how they are used and what they are used for, I have found them never to be too busy to give professional advice on the best products to use or try when I am looking for certain products that produce specific results or target specific problems that are suited to my skin type and needs, I simply cannot praise them enough.

On my most recent trip to the Leeds lush store I bought one of my favourite products for pure indulgence, the Comforter Bubble Bar which is one of the first products of lush that I ever tried many years ago when I first got recommended to try them from a friend and they have been a firm favourite of mine ever since, I can genuinely say that if you have never tried a Bubble Bar before then have not lived! Seriously, what a delightful treat.

The Comforter Bubble Bar is one of lush’s best selling products which should be a testament to the quality of just how fab this wonderful invention is, it simply just does not get any better than this.

I consider my baths to be massive stress relievers and an effective way to soothe the day’s events away, restoring your mind body and soul and relaxing your every thought and refreshing your senses, I try have special lush product bath around twice a week and is an indulgence I look forward to greatly.

*** THE PRODUCT ***

The Bubble Bar is the first product of its kind to be made in a unique solid form such as this in a bid to reduce the need for packaged liquid form bubble bath products, it is a huge bar compared to other products, it weighs in at 200g and is roughly an oval shape and around an inch in thickness, it is a good idea to bear in mind that this is a handmade product so measurements may not be precise.

The colour is a vibrant bright pink and white circular swirl which looks like a Charlie and the chocolate factories dream mega sweet, it feels soft and slightly moist and crumbly but at the same time does not fall apart in your hands it stays intact until you use pressure to break or crumble pieces off.

It smells wonderful, like a sweet fruity light Blackcurrant Ribena smell, a smell you would never get tired of sniffing over and over again it is that good.

Ingredients….

Perfume
Titanium Dioxide
Cocamide DEA
Bergamot Oil
Cypress Oil (has antiseptic and sanitising properties)
Limonene
Linalool
Colour 45410
Colour 17200

Price £4.15 for 200g

Suitable for vegans

Suitable for all skin types

*** HOW TO USE ***

It is easy and simple to use the product, you just break off the amount you want to use and crumble it under warm running water into the tub, I tend to divide the bar into quarters which gives me four baths from one bar, I have found this works best for me as I like to feel pampered otherwise I don’t see the point, although some people can get up to 8 baths from one bar but I guess it’s down to personal preference as to the amount of pampering and luxury you require.

I would encourage experimentation to discover what amount is right and what works best for you personally as everyone is different, it is your experience to be enjoyed and savoured so no holds barred, go for what you really want, if you want mountainous Bubbles then go for it, if you want a quick relax and refresh with minimum bubbles it’s easy when you get used to the amount you need to use for what ever your requirements are at that particular time.

Agitating and swishing the water as it is running WILL produce a massive amount of bubbles no matter how much or little you use and the stronger the water pressure the more bubbles you will have.

The bubbles are plentiful fluffy, soft and very moisturising, just as the name suggests it is incredibly comforting and just like being hugged by your bath, it has a very rich lather and in my opinion an extremely effective bubble bath with long lasting bubbles.

The smell once in the bath is a stronger fruity blackcurrant scent which is amazing, words fail to describe how good this smells but if heaven has a smell then this product is what I hope it smells like, it is truly comforting and delicious, and I would say very girly.

The water turns a rich milky pink lilac colour which I love, almost like bathing in a huge frothy strawberry milkshake it looks very pretty, appealing and inviting and feels super soft and silky smooth, it definitely makes you feel very pampered and is a luxurious way to enjoy a bath.

Using this product leaves no residue in the bath tub after use and no greasy film.

*** MY THOUGHTS ***

I already worship this product and would absolutely recommend it to everyone to try, you will never go back to boring old liquid bubble bath, this is another very special product thanks to lush, an essential for those girly girls out there or a luxurious treat or gift for anyone, it truly does live up to its name as the comforter and literally feels like your getting the most warmest hug from your tub

The multitude of bubbles is amazing and there seems to no limits, they just keep on growing and growing into a huge blanket of bubbles that smell and feel totally incredible, it’s a magical experience that everyone should appreciate.

The addition of Cypress Oil to this product gives it antiseptic, sanitising and healing properties which is a huge bonus as it means it also benefit’s the skin and body by gently cleansing.

My skin felt so silky and smooth even the day after using this, it leaves no traces of grease or dryness anywhere and the scent lingered both on my body and in the bathroom until the next evening, I am always very pleased and impressed with this magic bubble bar. It does seem a little expensive but I think it is really worth it for what you get out of it and there are loads of less effective products out there that cost a whole lot more, with this you know it will do what it promises to do, you know it is naturally made and produced and is a green and environmentally friendly product, what more could you ask for. I love and adore it.

*** HINTS/TIPS ***

If you want to get a little more for your money and want to make your bubble bar go further then I would recommend that you break your bubble bar into quarters and place each quarter into separate zip lock bags or resalable food bags, give each bag a bit of a bash to reduce into powder, then you will get two baths from each quarter of powder by just using half the powder in each bag, this gives you 8 baths altogether.

When using less product in an attempt to make it last longer, agitate the water and as long as you keep swishing the water around you will still get massive bubbles. This is the same if the bubbles fade a bit whilst you’re in the bath for lengthy amounts of time, you can also just turn the tap back on for a minute or two and the bubbles will regenerate.

Mix it up and make your bathing experience even more amazing by adding a bath bomb for double the fun, double the pampering and double the benefits, I would recommend using Think Pink or Sex Bomb with this Comforter Bubble Bar as a compliment.

I rate this product a fabulous 5 out of 5

Thank You for Reading.

(This Review may also appear on Dooyoo under mojomojo)

• rubyroo33 published 29/01/2012