Review of "Lush Think Pink Bath Ballistic"

published 03/01/2007 | Looby5
Member since : 09/11/2003
Pro Smells great, looks wonderfull
Cons None at all

"Think Lush"

I was a very spoilt girl this Christmas and one of the presents I got was some lovely treats from Lush. As regular readers will know I'm a huge fan of Lush stuff and I'm yet to be really disappointed in anything I've had from there. Yes, there are some things I prefer to others, for example, I find their face masks are just ok on the whole. I've had some foot cream type stuff that was messy and hard work to put on but as I say, I love the stuff and ballistics are a particular favourite.

The Think Pink Ballistic lives up to everything you expect from a Lush Ballistic. It's about the size of a tennis ball (200g shipping weight), has a lovely luscious floral aroma and has four candy flowers pressed into it. It looks and smells very girly and using it feels like a bit of an occasion.

On dropping it into the bath it fizzes madly turning the water a deep pink colour and producing a few bubbles. It must be said for the sake of the uninitiated that ballistics are an altogether different proposition to bubble bath. Although you do get some bubbles that's not really the point, the point is it's luxurious, a treat, you're getting more than just bubbles it's a whole experience. The candy flowers melt away when the ballistic has gone and as I stepped in to the water I noticed there were small glittery hearts floating on the water, just a few that I could only see when the light caught them but it was an unexpected little bonus I must say.

The smell is devine, if pink had a smell this is what it would smell like.

I put the whole ball in which was a bit extravagant as half is really enough, I couldn't be bothered to cut it in half if the truth be known. I expected based on my experience with other ballistics that my skin would feel soft when I got out of the bath and I would of retained some of that lovely lush smell. I wasn't disappointed and my skin smelt and felt divine. The aroma of the Think Pink is lavender and creamy vanilla and its lovely, but I must admit I think that Lush products have a distinctly 'Lush like' smell which I know some people don't like at all. When you walk past a Lush shop some of my friends make a nasty choking gesture, they think it's overpowering. The smell of this Ballistic to me smelt like the shop. On the skin it's quite faint so probably not enough to make people gag when they walk past you thankfully.

The ballistic contains the usual Lush natural essential oils as I mentioned there is Vanilla and Lavender in there as well as some Citrus, nothing nasty to worry about at all.

The price of this little treat is a very reasonable 2.50GBP and for those of us down under they are around $8.00AUD. Not something you'd use every day but great for using before a big night out or at the end of a particularly horrid day.

I should also get in that if you haven't tried lush on line yet, and you're a fan of this stuff then you really must. I used it all time before I left the UK and it is Fab!

Thanks for reading!

• SweetTooth93 published 10/04/2009
    It does sound quite good although i'm not normally a huge fan of Lush!!!
  • tattie123 published 24/03/2007
    I find that I have that sme poblem when I walk past Lush...the arpma is just too strong
  • shazzaspannered published 08/03/2007
    Nice review, not tried this. I do love Lush products x