Lynx Dry Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Touch

Lynx Dry Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Touch

Deodorant

Review of "Lynx Dry Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Touch"

published 17/07/2017 | aclevername
Member since : 22/04/2012
Pro smells amazing, refreshing body spray
Cons discontinued, doesn't offer much protection from sweating
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Can't Touch This"

I used to use Lynx Touch spray back in 2005. A few of the girls I knew used to wear Lynx sprays as well because some of them were really nice scents although they were marketed towards men. This one was my favourite, but it was discontinued. About two years ago I managed to buy 6 cans of it online for about £18.00 which I was happy with. I also managed to get a hold of the aftershave a few years before.

~ Price and availability ~
This 150ml can of this deodorant body spray is quite difficult to get hold of. It often comes up on ebay, but sellers can be quite greedy knowing that this fragrance has been discontinued. There are currently two cans on ebay for £30.00. As a fan of the fragrance £5.00 per can seems reasonable but £15.00 per can is a bit too pricey.

~ Packaging ~
The can is about 1.75 inches in diameter and it is black with ‘Lynx Touch deodorant body spray’ written on the front and there are some swishing designs in red and silver.
The lid is made from black plastic and you twist it to release the spray button on the top of the can and it is pressed down to release the spray.
It looks much like the rest of the Lynx range. I do quite like the packaging.

~ In Use ~
The can advises to spray this from 15cm away from your body.
It has a lovely scent.
The fragrance contains watermelon, floral and spicy notes and a base of patchouli and musk. It is described as woody and aromatic.
The scent is quite masculine. I find it really difficult to describe, but it is spicy without being harsh. It is quite an aquatic scent and is really fresh which is probably not what you’d expect from a spicy fragrance, but it really is. I absolutely love the scent.

I find Lynx quite an odd brand as they describe this as a deodorant body spray but it feels a lot more like a body spray. It is not like a women's deodorant and does not seem to offer much protection against sweating. When using other brands of deodorant my underarms feel dry and it feels like there is a chalky textured product on my skin protecting against sweating. There is a trace of this dry chalkiness with this Lynx spray, but it is very slight even if I layer more spray on top.
I can feel the difference between this and other deodorants and because this feels less dry it feels less effective. It seems to be less effective as well. I haven't noticed the difference in how much I sweat when wearing this compared to when I don't apply deodorant.
I gave two of the 6 cans I bought to my husband and he said the same of them. They offer very little protection; they are more of a body spray for freshening up or for spraying before going out than to protect against sweating. He prefers to use different deodorant brands that offer better protection.

I find that it is suitable for spraying on my clothes as well as my body much like normal body spray without deodorising properties is. There are no white marks left like a deodorant usually would. I treat this as a body spray rather than a deodorant.
It is the scent that I love about this product. I think it is great. I only have 4 cans left and I use the spray sparingly as I don’t want to run out so I only use this spray now and then to remind myself of what it smells like. The scent lasts a while on my skin and clothing.

I think if anyone smelled this on me they would definitely recognise this as a men’s fragrance, but I don’t mind as I love the scent although I wouldn’t like to wear it all of the time. I do like my girly fragrances as well, but I can’t imagine ever getting bored of this fragrance.
I wouldn’t recommend trying it because it is too expensive a product to keep purchasing since it has been discontinued, but I love the scent.

• Pointress published 26/07/2017