MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "MAC Face and Body Foundation"

published 22/07/2007 | vcarina88x
Member since : 22/07/2007
Pro (+) doesn't sweat off!! (+) dewy finish, not too sheer (+) practical bottle (+) tonnes of liquid!
Cons (-) more expensive than face foundation, by about £4

"MAC Face & Body Foundation"

For reference: NW20 (cool + pink undertones, rosy cheeks), hazel-brown eyes, dark/light brown hair w/platinum slices.

I decided to try MAC's face and body foundation after a 2-week holiday and had some slight discolouration on the top half of my chest, around the neck area. I have always had freckles in this area but after this particular holiday, they were looking really obvious; I just wanted a slight cover up for them.

A fan of MAC, I decided to ask about this foundation at the counter. The assistant recommended this saying it was perfect for my skin - it was great already and, like I thought, only needed slight coverage.

I bought it though was a bit wary at first - it looked really sheer and I regretted buying it because I thought it would make my chest look a bit shiny! However, I eventually tested it (with the smallest amount) and it gave a gorgeous dewy finish which wasn't really sheer at all!
From then on, I applied it with a foundation brush instead of my fingers. It blended so well and, despite giving great coverage, was not obvious or noticeable. It;s quite hard to explain - basically, it looked natural and my freckles were 'toned' down.

I also use this on my face regularly; I have very thick and heavy hair and always seem to sweat from my forehead, even when the weather isn't that hot/humid, etc. Although my skin behaved terribly, getting hot most of the time, the foundation stayed put - perfect!! It didn't turn patchy, run, or anything like that!

The foundation comes in a squirt-type bottle thus, in my opinion, is hygienic and practical. I have taken this with me on long car journey and is great because it doesn't spill despite being thrown around in the bag whilst the car is moving! Very practical!

The price is slightly more expensive than the normal face foundations however, I have purchased this twice and if it continues to impress me, I will purchase it again. I suppose the real challenge would be to use it on holiday in extreme heat.

In the past, I used RCMA and is still a fave of mine. However, MAC's face and body version definitely compares and has not caused me any problems yet. I am very happy with the outcome of this product. It is one of these cosmetic goods that is quite understated - people shy away from buying it for price reasons, doubt, and so forth but it really does work in the end!!

• danielleg1989 published 02/10/2009
    excellent review everything i needed to know x
  • retireduser published 20/02/2009
    Nice review. ^_^
  • shaaza published 22/07/2007
    nice review,, but the foundation aint for me skin type..

offers "MAC Face and Body Foundation"