MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "MAC Face and Body Foundation"

published 23/09/2012 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Looks good
Cons slides off, makes spots obvious, gets darker
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"~ * Good When It's Good! * ~"

I first tried this Mac Face and Body foundation a few years ago when I was on holiday in Bournemouth. I went into the Mac store looking for foundation and this is the one they said looked the best on me - after trying different ones.

You can get this foundation is bottles of 50ml and 100ml. The one I have is the 100ml which costs around £26. The 50ml is available for around £20.

Applying the foundation: The foundation itself is quite runny. It is described as being a water-based foundation - to me it looks and feels quite oily. I find it takes some effort to get it blend in - longer than other foundations I have used. The foundation feels really light when on.

Once blended in, the foundation looks good (but only if I have prepared my skin beforehand). I find that the foundation turns a darker colour after around 30 minutes of wearing it. So I try not to wear ‘too much’ as I know that I will end up looking really orange if I do. However, having said that, it does say that you can ‘build up this foundation’ - so you can put some on, and then after a few minutes put some more on to ‘build it up’. However, having turned slightly orange after the first coat - I have never tried this so called ‘building’.

I do feel that I need to get my skin in perfect condition before using this foundation. For example, I exfoliate my face around once a week and I feel that this helps the foundation look ‘perfect’. I find that if I don’t exfoliate beforehand then it doesn’t provide as great coverage as when I do exfoliate.

I have combination skin - dry and normal. I find that on the dry areas, it makes my skin look as though it is well moisturised. Whereas on my ‘normal skin’ area, it makes it look really oily which is annoying. Other than that, the foundation does leave my face looking ‘fresh’ and ‘dewy’, and that is the main reason I like this foundation.

I have discovered that if I have a couple of spots then the foundation likes to cover them in a way that makes them stand out - so not great!! As it looks obvious that I am trying to hide my spots!

The foundation slides off quite easily and so I find that it only lasts me around 3-4 hours. I would suggest keeping fingers away from faces as it does come off very easily.

All in all, I would recommend using this foundation, even though it has a few negatives. I use this foundation on and off - I do find that some cheaper foundations (Rimmel’s Wake Me UP’ do the job just as well, sometimes better. But give this one a go and see how you get on with it.

Thanks for reading!
September 2012
Xdonzx / xd-o-n-z-x

• catsholiday published 23/09/2012
    My daughter likes this one.