Review of "MAC Studiofix"

published 10/12/2002 | emma.m
Member since : 30/10/2002
Good
Pro Looks great, loads of colours
Cons Expensive
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Studio Fix"

My favourite make-up is powder foundation. I find it gives a really flawless look, without the complexion getting too oily. However when the make I used to use discontinued I started a hunt to find the perfect powder foundation.
I first decided to get this product when I read the reviews on here, which were singing its praises. The name of it kind of drew me to it too - 'studio fix' sounds quite professional!
Anyway having decided to buy it i trekked all the way to selfridges on oxford street to get it, as they don't really seem to sell mac anywhere else apart from department stores!
I was impressed by all the different colours, there must have been at least 30 shades, ranging from the palest pale to quite dark.
The girl found my colour straight away, and I paid over my 19 quid, wondering if i'd made the right decision by buying it!
To be honest, i wasn't totally impressed. Having combination skin, dry and flaky in some areas and oily in others, It didn't go on totally smoothly, even when i exfoliated about ten layers of epidermis off my skin.
I don't really find it thick enough but that's all down to personal taste really i suppose. I wear liquid foundation underneath for extra coverge.
I don't know whether its because its the wrong colour for me, but i find it makes my skin look very ashen, like there's no life in it. Basically, I think I look like a corpse! Ok it's not THAT bad, but my skin does look a bit lifeless.
Now from what I've been writing you probably think it's a really rubbish product! I'm probably very prejudiced because of the price and It could also be because i've tried much nicer ones. I still use it (well I did cough up £19 quid for it!) and it's perfectly adequate. It covers up dark circles. It lasts well. It is very matte, and no shine came through so it's good for oily skins. In fact I think that's the only type of skin it is good for. If you have any dry skin whatsoever I wouldn't use it!
I think that the body shop powder foundation, at half the price, is much better. However Body Shop don't have nearly as many shades. The packaging isn't quite as classy either!

• Honey_Bee published 10/12/2002
    I have not seen any MAC products anywhere, but have heard they are really good. :o) x
  • RussellC published 10/12/2002
    You may want to add more information to this, such as the price.
  • deano_76 published 10/12/2002
    Ey up Emma, welcome to Ciao babe...You might want to add a little more to your opinion to gain a VH rating but a good attempt none the less...DEANO!