MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set

MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set

The award winning set contains a Baby's First Toothbrush plus a Teaching Toothbrush. From first tooth. Available Colors: Blue,Pink,Light Green

Review of "MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set"

published 19/03/2007 | dizzymonkey
Member since : 24/11/2006
Pro Easy for parents to control, bright and attractive to child
Cons slightly more expensive than similar products
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"the teaching toothbrush!"

This product appealed to myself and my husband as it is ideal for teaching little ones to clean their teeth.
Our daughter is nearly a year old and loves cleaning her teeth! We purchased this product when she first got her teeth at 8months, it is brightly coloured, attractive, and best of all cleverly designed. It received the 2002/03 silver award from Mother and Baby magazine.
The soft rubbery sections provide texture and are great for massaging the gums and cleaning her tongue, and surprisingly comforting to my daughter as she likes to chew the rubbery bits, they are great for young children teething!
There is also an extremely useful and clever toothpaste guide, the bristles are slightly indented and different coloured as a indicator as to how much toothpaste our little ones should be using, or in my daughters case, eating!
The whole design of the toothbrush is appealing to both parents and children alike, my daughter is fascinated by the 'bumpy bits' and the colour, my husband and I are happy with the longer handle design enabling us to hold the brush and direct it while our daughter is able to grasp it at the same time and learn the valuable, lifelong art of cleaning her gorgeous little teeth!
This pack also includes a smaller brush for when your child is able to clean their teeth themselves, it still features all the great bits from the other brush, just smaller!
The bristles on this brush are soft, coloured and designed to get round minature mouths with ease and comfort.
The pack also includes a white plastic guard to help make sure that your child can't push the toothbrush to the back of their throat but to be perfectly honest we tried it but found it more hassle than it was worth but I am sure if we had persevered it may have been of some benefit although it didn't seem particularly comfortable or appealing to my daughter!
The main disadvantage to this product is the cost, it is slightly more than similar products but for this innovative design and chance to teach your child properly i would definitely recommend it and am likely to buy the individual smaller ones in future when her toothbrush needs replacing. Thumbs up to MAM for a great design.

We brought our set in boots but you can also purchase them online from www.mamonline.com. They sell the baby's first brush for £2.49 and the teaching brush for £3.49, the set of both costs £4.99. They can be ordered in pink, blue or light green. The postage for orders up to £9.99 is just £2.00 and for all orders £10.00-£50.00 it is £3.00. The website does have a clear listing of their postage fees. As well as these fantastic brushes they also sell similar gum massagers for £3.49 available in blue or pink.
www.boots.com sell the set for £5.45 but don't give the option of picking a colour!

• suzywong666 published 22/03/2007
    Much improved with the update. Suzy x
  • petal99 published 22/03/2007
    Much better, well done! x
  • suzywong666 published 20/03/2007
    It's a great idea to get your little one playing with a toothbrush as a baby - as babies put everything straight in their mouths! How much was it? Suzy x