MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set

MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set

The award winning set contains a Baby's First Toothbrush plus a Teaching Toothbrush. From first tooth. Available Colors: Blue,Pink,Light Green

Review of "MAM Teach Me Toothbrush Set"

published 18/07/2011 | marsland1
Member since : 03/05/2010
A Merry Christmas to you all, many thanks for all your RRC x
Pro cute, good idea
Cons none
Improvement on Teeth Condition

"Copy Mam!"

Mam is a manufacturer of baby products such as dummies, spoons, bottles and tooth brushes. When we introduced my granddaughter to using a toothbrush it was this set that we bought. Those of you with children will probably know that teaching children to brush their teeth can be quite difficult and this set is a great way to introduce them to this concept.

Children and teeth

Children should really be taught to brush their teeth from a young age, even from before they have their teeth. This is just a good practice to get them used to doing and won't make them kick up as much of a fuss as if you wait until they are slightly older. My granddaughter didn't get her first teeth until she turned 1 but we introduced the tooth brush when she was 6 months old. This meant that she got used to the feel of it on her gums and became used to the idea that every evening and every morning this is what you do.

Children's tooth brushes are often quite cute. They have bright colours and pictures to make them look more appealing. They are certainly a lot more interesting looking than an adult toothbrush. When I saw this set I couldn't resist it- a toothbrush for my granddaughter and a matching one just in a larger size for me!

It is called the Teach Me set which is a good way of describing it. It is a way to teach your child how to use their toothbrush by showing them what you do and it's really very good that the toothbrush is almost identical to theirs.

What it looks like

It has a small head with pink bristles in the middle. The neck of the brush is white and then the handle is much wider than an ordinary toothbrush and has grooves in it for gripping but these grooves are rounded so that it actually looks more like a pattern than a practicality. This grooved pattern makes it easy for children to hold and wrap their fingers around. If it was thinner they would struggle with holding it and being able to angle it into their mouths. The adult one is very similar but has an extended handle which makes it far more practical for us grown ups!
Using the brush

Using the toothbrush is really easy because it's easy to hold and because the head is only small. Children only have little mouths so it's important that the head is small so it can get into all of the areas and between the teeth. The bristles are very soft too so that it is gentle on teething gums which can be very sore. This is important as if they were not soft enough they would cause soreness on already tender gums and could put your child off brushing their teeth.

The head of the adult brush is also only small which is fine by me as I like it to be able to get into the smaller areas but I think some people may not like this and you may wish to have an alternative toothbrush which you use when your little one has gone to bed.
Brushing your teeth is fun!

My granddaughter really enjoys brushing her teeth and doesn't see it as a chore or as something to be upset about and I think it is because she was introduced to it when she was so young and also because we always make a big fuss about how our toothbrushes match! The fact that our brushes are the same does create a great deal of excitement with her. She is nearly 2 and likes to brush her teeth at the same time as me and is excited by the fact that we have matching brushes which is really sweet.
Replacing it

Something which is important to remember is that toothbrushes need to be replaced regularly. Dentists recommend several times a year as they become inefficient as they get used so you will be needing to replace this after a few months to make sure you are getting the right amount of usage and quality out of it.
Does it clean?

I think that this works well. My teeth do feel clean afterwards and the small head means it can get into small spaces in my mouth. The bristles on the adult brush are more coarse than the baby one so it can get bits out from between teeth. I am pleased with how well it works. It also works insofar as the concept of 'teach me' is promoted. My granddaughter definitely has learnt how to brush her teeth by watching others and the fact that the toothbrushes are identical make it more appealing for her.

I bought this set from Boots for around £4 and I am very pleased with it, so pleased that we have bought it a couple of times since we have had to replace them after a few months to make sure they still are good quality. Definitely recommend them, cannot find any faults at all.

• Timbo3107 published 18/07/2011
    They look like Seahorses!
  • christinat published 18/07/2011
    E from me, very informative review. x