MGF Roadster 1.8

MGF Roadster 1.8

Convertible - Petrol, Diesel

Review of "MGF Roadster 1.8"

published 16/07/2008 | ashley.18
Member since : 16/07/2008
Pro looks good and is rather nippy
Cons Drinks petrol
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"My 1.8 vvc and its true british grunt!"

This car is only my second car and was a rather big step up from what i previously had. My first car was a P reg Ford Escort 1.8 TDI and although it did not give me any major problems i just did not enjoy driving it as the power was just not enough for me.

After looking for so long to find the right motorbike for myself i soon gave up and thought that i may as well get a sports car for the summer instead. So i spoke to my father who helped me find an MGF and a week later i got a £2500 bank loan and had a P reg British racing green MGF and i absoloutly loved it.

The car is a real head turner and i have got plenty of coments off of my friends at work and random passers by on the street about how nice it looks . I got exactly what i was looking for it is a 1.8 VVC model British racing green and even has a couple of extras from the previous owner such as 17" white alloy wheels, lexus style rear lights, graphite grey soft top roof, a K&N induction kit and a sports exhuast system which didn't make me want it any more than i already did but the exhaust and air filter does make it alot faster and produce a much better sound whenever i "put my foot down" .

I wanted the VVC model as i was told that the head gasket doesn't go as easily as the other models. Also it is much faster and also has leather seats, ABS as standard and PAS as standard which just makes it so much more comfortable to drive. The drive is so much better and is a huge improvement from my previous car as it has a better trottle response as it is a petrol and not a deisel and also has approx 80 BHP more and wheighs alot less. The brakes are also much sharper as it has all round brake discs. It also handles alot better and i have been fooled by the car into making it over steer around a couple of bends here and there which is rather scary at times but extremely fun.

Now to the bad points it seams as this car is just a target for boy racers to drive just half a second behind my car and for other drivers to think that they can cut me up pull out on me and be generally rude to me for no reason at all. Most of The seals seem to be in good condition however there is a rather strange damp spot in the bottom of the boot of which i can't find a cause of but is no problem as i never really use the boot to often. The handbrake and the oil temperature gauge do not work but i knew about these problems before i bought the car and have allready rectified the causes just need the time to fix them.Also it has recenly started to missfire on the odd occasion but i beleive i have found the cause just need to wait till i get my workshop manual to do the job properly and quicker than i could do without it.

I do beleive that is all i have to say about this car and overall i would say that i have extremely enjoyed the drivng experiance in this car and would not like to change it even though the insurance on it has cost me over £1700 because of my age and previous driving experiance.

• majeedkazi published 16/07/2008
    Welcome To Ciao, good first review
  • Hypernation published 16/07/2008
    Good review, nice detail. Cheers.