Review of "MG TF"

Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"RIP aged 3 & 1/2"

hmmm... what a bad little car!!! I bought this car 2nd hand from a dealership in may 07, when it was just over 2yrs old for £8000. 18 months later I traded it in for £1200! First the head gaskett went costing me £500 to fix and less than two weeks later the engine went too and would have cost me £2000 odd to replace. Not to mention the central locking neaver worked, the heat dial constantly broke so it only had hot air and the interior carpet and trim kept coming away from the inside near the door trim!!!!

Bronagh

I read bad reviews on this car before I bought and thought - it'll not happen to me - how wrong was I??? I just wanted a slick looking convertable and no amount of bad reviews would have put me off!!! Sorry reviewers - I should have paid attention!

So my car was not even due for its first MOT and the engine had went!

Please avoid this car at all costs - looks good, but with the head gaskett problem (lots of people now tell me about - wish they had of before I wasted the money on the car)! it's not worth the risk :)

• Soho_Black published 21/09/2009
    My brother had one of these for about 3 years, with no mechanical issues. His lost an argument with a tree...
  • thereddragon published 05/02/2009
    Welcome to Ciao - poor you, it is true that these cars have a bad reputation, and this one seems to have been no exception! You're probably best going with Japanese sports cars, as I do - they both look stylish AND the reliability is there. I've had older, second-hand Toyota Celica, MR2 and currently a Supra, and they're just unbreakable.

offers "MG TF"