MG ZT

Saloon - Petrol

Review of "MG ZT"

published 16/05/2006 | Mahancini
Member since : 06/08/2004
Pro Loads of miles on one tank of diesel
Cons Not my much loved ZS 180
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Car change again"

Hi I recently wrote a review about my MG ZS 180 the car was superb but with the greatest downfall PETROL cost holding me back. I have now changed the car after only 4 months. Now I have bought a 52 plate MG ZT cdti 135.

Looks:

Ok I am 25 years old and drive a granddad looking car. It's big a beefy looking which in my opinion kinda looks stately. I think a few changes will help the looks of this car greatly.

Ride

Well if you go by my fiancés standards, as she falls asleep every time she is sitting in the car, the ride is excellent. I have to admit it is so comfortable to drive it maybe a big car but it's smooth and easy to handle around corners.

Performance

Compared to the 2.5 V6 ZS it's like the tortoise and the hare. But once you get up to around 2500 revs the turbo kicks in and away you go. Great for overtaking as the power is there when you need it most.

Handling

As I have said before for a big car this handles like a dream. Corners very well and never had any trouble in the wet or dry.

Fuel Consumption

Again compared to the ZS when I was spending 40 per week now im spending £40 per fortnight and doing over 400 miles on one tank of petrol giving you around 40 - 50 mpg. With the onboard computer telling you how far you can travel on what you have left in your tank is a total luxury.

I must say I miss my ZS so much but with the little one on the way I am saving so much money and there is so much room in this car. It will comfortably fit 5 adults and suit cases in the boot.

I know it's a short and sweet review but im sure everyone else has give you all the technical details. I am writing this just to tell you im happy with the Diesel instead of the 180 monster. I am sure I will be back with a review about a Porsche or other sports car I will be getting as a second fun car.

Hope to speak to you all again soon.

Bye for now