Review of "Macleans Fresh Mint"

published 28/05/2002 | victoriahc
Member since : 25/05/2002
Pro excellent oral care!
Cons none?

"Fresh oral care"

For all of my life I have used Macleans Freshmint toothpaste, the sole reason is that it's what my mum always bought! Now that I have to buy my own toothpaste, I still make it Macleans. I may be quite biased in this review, because Macleans is the only toothpaste that I ever use, but if you want to take a look inside my mouth, you will see that this toothpaste is an excellent product...no fillings, and perfect sparkling teeth!

Macleans is produced by SmithKline Beecham, which you'll find is the manufacturer of many health care products, the correspondance address is,

SmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare
Brentford
TW8 9BD

There doesn't appear to be a telephone number or website address, so you'll have to make do with that.

Now for the all-important ingredients list:

Calcium Carbonate
Hydroxyethylcellulose
Calcium Glycerophosphate *
Sodium Hydroxide
PVP

Those marked with a star are 'Active Ingredients'.

I bought my tube of toothpaste (125ml) from Wilkinson for 98p, but obviously the price will vary! In my opinion it is excellent value for money.

The box has five promises on it,
~ unique cleaning action (always a good thing!)
~ helps strengthen teeth (as toothpastes should do!)
~ fights plaque (away with that nasty yellow stuff)
~ fights decay (yay, no falsies for me)
~ freshens breath (minty fresh, nice!)

Macleans doesn't make false promises, cos it does do all this!

As I mentioned earlier, I have no fillings, despite my very sweet tooth, and my dents are sparkly white. Macleans does clean, and protect at the same time. The flavour is, well, minty. It's not too strong, but it does leave your mouth tingly and feeling fresh afterwards, so you don't have to worry about knocking anybody out with gas-mask-worthy breath. It comes in a traditional squeezy tube, easy for kids and adults alike to use, only problem is that you can never get that last drop out, but who cares, the price is bargainous!

Final point, SmithKline Beecham is By Appointment to Prince Charles, so you never know, he might be using this toothpaste, or at least he should be cos it's bloomin excellent stuff!

• Lewis published 28/05/2002
    sounds good but i'll still with aquafresh - just can't beat the multi-coloured variety =)
  • Sugarlily83 published 28/05/2002
    Bargainous! Ha Ha! And, quote, "SmithKline Beecham is By Appointment to Prince Charles, so you never know, he might be using this toothpaste, or at least he should be cos it's bloomin excellent stuff!" HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA. lol. ahem. minty!