Mad Catz Wireless Racing Wheel Xbox 360

Mad Catz Wireless Racing Wheel Xbox 360

for Xbox 360 - Type: Steering Wheels & Pedals

Review of "Mad Catz Wireless Racing Wheel Xbox 360"

published 28/01/2012 | Crobar15
Member since : 20/01/2012
Pro Sleek,
Cons Difficult to use with forza, inaccessible gear changer
Look & Feel
Responsiveness
Robustness & durability
Value For Money

"Another good one from Madcatz!"

Story:
I got this to replace my Madcatz Steering wheel. I told my parents over and over again which one I wanted and told my brother, who works in a Game store. There reply, "ok" my brothers reply after like the sixth time "I know, which one you want." They still ended up giving me the wrong one but hey it's a christmas present what can i say? This makes me slightly biest towards the product as it wasn't the one I wanted.

Look & Feel:
It looks very Sleek and modern. However, in my opinion that's a bad thing in one way, because I'm used to securing it to my draw on my desk but because this is less chunky than my old one it allows the draw to slide in and out. This causes problems on corners. On the other hand, it takes less room to store and looks great for friends to see. Furthermore, the leg grips are excellent as they bond with your leg almost making for minimum slippage. The wheel where you grip it has a soft rubber cover for comfort and in the middle of the wheel there is a strip like you would find in a porsche. Another negative with it, would be the positioning of the gear lever although the sides are inter changeable it is oddly positioned making gear shifting harder.

Robustness & durability:
I have only had this Product for under a month. I have used it a few times all of which have been flawless. Also I am being more careful with this one because my last one broke and they aren't cheap. So as far as it has been its all good but i will keep you informed :).

Value for money:
This is relatively expensive at around £70-100, but it is very comfortable to handle and sits well on your lap. So its overall rating for me is OK.

Responsiveness:
This is where it gets good. It is very responsive and gives you an excellent driving feel. But because i wanted the steering wheel specially designed for forza it could be better as that is the main game I play it with.

• Dentolux published 29/01/2012
    A wheely good review.
  • kevin121 published 29/01/2012
    A nice, concise review. Welcome to Ciao... Rachael.
  • rebecca.134 published 28/01/2012