catsholid... 4

catsholiday

About me: This year is moving on at a pace. What happened to the Premium Fund Ciao has it shrunk in the wash ?

Member since:03.03.2003

Preparing for my real Madagascan Sunset

29.08.2011

Advantages:
Nice scent

Disadvantages:
No anti bacterial quality

51 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Revo9
  1. danielalong
  2. Coloneljohn
  3. tune57

In our house we use a lot of hand wash, as we have two bathrooms, an ensuite bathroom and a downstairs loo and I also keep a hand wash with antibacterial on the kitchen sink but I do enjoy trying new products when I see them as I love different smells ( nice ones I mean).

There are just so many to choose from and they are usually not too expensive although you can go mad and get posh ones like Molton Brown but my shopping trips usually include Tesco, Superdrug and even the various pound stores have some. Tesco do some of their own for less than 50p some are okay and others less exciting but at that price you can't complain.

On my last visit to Tesco they had a special with 3 for £3 I believe or something similar. They were offering this price on a range of Palmolive products (Palmolive have come a long way from that basic green soap we used to use when I was as a child).This fragrance was one on offer and I was attracted to the name initially' Madagascar Sunset' and also the lovely golden colour of the soap itself showing through the clear bottle.

This "Madagascar Sunset" picture is on front of the rounded clear plastic bottle of hand wash by Palmolive. The label shows a lovely tropical sunset in hues of oranges and reds with silhouetted palm trees and a large frangipani flower on the right hand side, all most evacative of tropical evenings.

This is, apparently, a limited edition fragrance. The hand wash contains frangipani flower extract. I do love frangipani as they remind me of my childhood growing up in the tropics as the smell in the evening is so strong and sweet. They are a pretty flower but the bush itself is less lovely, in fact they look a bit scruffy. They are apparently related to gardenia which also smell strong and sweet.

The soap dispenses easily from the pump dispenser and was not too tricky to turn to the open position. The soap has a clean fresh floral scent with a hint of citrus too. It is a bit exotic but not so overpowering that it would flavour food after you washed your hands. It is also not so feminine that the male members of my household have made any comments either.

The colour is clear and clean looking a bit like clear amber and would go with most modern bathrooms except a very pink one I suppose.

It leaves a subtle fragrance on your hands afterwards and had not dried out my hands and I wash them a lot. I have found it a good quality hand wash with a pleasant tropical aroma and a cheerful sunset picture on it to cheer up these dull winter days.

I would buy it again at this price but probably would not pay the RRP of nearer £1.70 as I feel that is rather a lot to pay for a nice smelling but non bacterial hand wash. It is not one for my kitchen as I always have a non-bacterial one by the kitchen sink.

I have given it 4 stars as it is non bacterial and usually quite expensive.

Thank you for reading. This review may be posted on other sites under my same user name.