Maggi So Juicy Mixed Herbs for Chicken

Maggi So Juicy Mixed Herbs for Chicken

Review of "Maggi So Juicy Mixed Herbs for Chicken"

published 19/01/2012 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Easy to use, tasty
Cons None
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"So juicy!!"

I'm always on the look out for quick, cheap and easy ways to make healthy dinners for my family. I like to cook with chicken a lot as it's easy to keep in the freezer and have on hand to serve up with salad or potatoes and vegetables. I like to add some flavour to my chicken though but it's always hard to think up new ways to serve it so when I saw an advertisement on television recently for So Juicy I decided to give it a go and I'm glad I did.

So Juicy is basically a seasoning mix that you add to chicken. The difference with this product as opposed to other flavourings is that it comes with it's own plastic bag that you cook the chicken in. I was a bit worried about this at first as I was hoping it did come with a bag otherwise I probably would have had to cook my chicken in a Tesco's carrier bag and I'm sure it probably would not have turned out for the best!!

The seasoning comes in a packet, just like a Coleman's sauce mix. You peel open the top of it and in there you will find the clear plastic bag. The chicken is then amazingly easy to cook. You basically pop your chicken pieces into the bag, sprinkle over the seasoning mix and secure the bag at the top with a little plastic tie, also included. I like to then shake the chicken around so it is all covered with the mix. The really nice thing about this mix is that you don't need to add anything else to the chicken, no oil or water so it's a healthier option than other ways of cooking chicken. You then just pop the chicken in the oven at the desired temperature for the desired amount of time (this is indicated ont he packet) and then it is done. I find it's best to take the chicken out a bit sooner as they say on the packet because the first time I think I overcooked my chicken just a bit.

The results were amazing. I use the herb flavouring mainly but I have also used the sweet and sour flavour which was great too. The chicken was so flavourful after using this product. It was like the chicken had been soaking in the sauce for hours, not just half an hour. It was a really strong, tasty flavour and in my opinion a great way to cover chicken!

• Summers_mummy published 19/01/2012
    Good review
  • MarcoG published 19/01/2012
    I've always wondered about these