Review of "Magimix Robot cafe"

published 14/06/2012 | cata2210
Member since : 12/06/2012
Pro very good coffee, reliable
Cons cost of cleaning/maintenance
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Best cup of coffee you could wish for"

I've owned several espresso machines before buying the Magimix Robot Cafe. My previous experience has been that whilst you can get a decent cup of coffee from a cheap espresso machine, they will invariably break down within the year, and the quality of the coffee is no more than decent. The Magimix Robot was my first bean-to-cup and I was very impressed with the quality of the coffee. It certainly beats any cup you get from your normal cafe.
Ease of use is not of major importance with an espresso machine (that is, you put coffee in and you get coffee out, none of them are particularly challenging to use) and it's the same with the Magimix - it's a matter of filling the tank with water and the beans compartment with coffee beans and pressing a button. It's handy that you can use both beans and ground coffee and that you can change the grinding level to suit whichever beans you are using.
The initial price is high, but you get what you pay for. The only gripe I've got is with the price of cleaning tablets and maintenance. If the machine goes wrong you can't have it repaired at an authorised Magimix repairer, you have to send it back to them for a fixed charge of £80 regardless of what fault it develops. That being said I can't fault the Magimix customer services, they do collect and deliver it promptly within a week (just to mention, my machine went wrong during a house move so it was probably us banging it around rather than a manufacturing fault).
Overall, I've had this machine for about 2 years now and I can't live without it. Once it reaches the end of its life I will certainly replace it with a similar one.

• RICHADA published 14/06/2012
    Rather too generic to be of use to the potential purchaser this. R.
  • Nar2 published 14/06/2012
    A lot more info would really boost your review here and ratings can be changed as well as the info in your review. How much water does it use? Can it make cappucino, espresso, latte / i.e does it also have a steam wand for milk frothing, is it a bulky machine, noise levels, weight, quality, cost price, any guarantee, does it heat up the cup, general controls - lots more info could be added here. If you update your review by editing and adding more info like the above, msg me and the review can be re-rated.