Review of "Magnitone BareFaced Cleansing Brush"

published 28/10/2015 | laurahartleyy
Member since : 07/06/2011
I'm a blogger from London, studying at Oxford University and interning in Paris! Check out my blog for even more reviews of books, films and lifestyle articles: www.whats--hot.net. :) All my reviews are posted there first :)
Pro Gives you soft, firm skin immediately
Cons pricey, slight breakout to begin with

"Are you ready to go BareFaced? Magnitone - a great sonic cleanser"

What is Magnitone BareFaced?

Magnitone BareFaced is a Vibra-Sonic daily cleansing brush that empties out pores and tones skin. In just one minute a day, your skin is left feeling super clean and firm.

What’s in the Box:
– Two Mode Vibra-Sonic™ Facial Brush
– Wireless USB Travel Charger
– Splashproof Travel Pouch
– Active Clean Brush Head
– 12 Month Warranty
– MyMagnitone Membership

So how do I use the Magnitone BareFaced?

I aim to use Magnitone once a day, usually in the morning to really wake myself up! I’m also usually very late for work so giving my face a once over with the Magnitone BareFaced gives me really clean skin without any faff. It’s incredibly simple to use – first, I wet my face with warm water, then I apply my cleanser all over my face, then you wet the brush and off you go! I use Estee Lauder’s cream cleanser (a non-foaming one) and that seems to go pretty well with this routine. You’re supposed to use this on your cheeks, T-zone and neck area but I tend to skip this last one out and spend the extra time working around any areas of the face I’ve missed.

When I go to bed I use St Ives Apricot scrub for a deep cleanse and I find that the this routine works fairly well for keeping my skin soft and blemish free.

There is also a toning option and sometimes every couple of days I use this setting instead. The vibrations are much more jagged and you can really feel it working your skin, which is why I don’t believe in using this setting too often. A workout for your skin is definitely the right way to describe this setting!

What did I think?

I have very sensitive skin so I’ve always been a little nervous about using a daily brush as I was afraid it would cause some serious irritation. Some people don’t recommend using cleansing brushes daily but I personally have not encountered any problems with this so far. Magnitone warns that as your skin adjusts to this new method of cleaning you may experience some irritation, which I did, but this lasted for a day or two and now my skin is silky smooth everyday. The thing I love most about Magnitone BareFaced is that the results are immediate. As soon as the vibrations turn off, I can feel that my skin has had a good workout and it feels a little tingly for a little while afterwards. I feel like my skin absorbs my moisturiser a lot better after giving my face a once over with BareFaced and I assume this is because it’s lifted all the dead skin and other gunk in the way off my skin.

Now onto the practical stuff…

When you first get your BareFaced cleanser you need to charge it for a solid 12 hours. It already comes with a bit of charge but if you want to make your BareFaced last for as long as possible then it’s much better to give it a full charge before you use it. I have to admit I was a little retarded when it came to figuring out how to charge this product. I knew that it was a magnetic USB charger but I still managed to get it all wrong. What you are supposed to do is plug the USB cable into a power source, attach it to the small magnetic block and then place the magnetic block on the handle of your BareFaced. When it is fully charged, the light will stop flashing but remain on.

As for the brushes, you can take these on and off your BareFaced and even swap your brush for a different style. You’re supposed to replace the brush every 3 months as obviously the brush will get dirty over time but you can get another one from Magnitone’s website very easily.

Other pros include: It’s small enough that you can take this with you on your travels and it even comes with a plastic travel wallet. It’s 100% waterproof so you can use it in the shower if you want to, which can’t be said for a lot of other electronic beauty products.

All in all, I’m so thankful that this opportunity came along as I never would’ve tried this product otherwise. It doesn’t matter if you’re someone who isn’t that prone to spots, I’m not either, but this has still made my skin feel brighter, fresher and softer! Using BareFaced once a day makes my skin feel just as smooth as it does after a face mask which is a) effort and b) time consuming.

Where can you get one?

These retail at £70 and you can get them from the Magnitone website here or in high street retailers such as Boots. It’s a little pricey, but it’s not particularly expensive for what it does. Some of its competitors such as the Foreo Luna Mini do the same job but cost even more. The brushes should be replaced every 3 months and one brush will set you back another £16 but you’ll get £5 off if you registered your product on the website. Look out for Magnitone on the shelves – they tend to sell out fast!

*I received this product in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.

• StewwyB published 11/11/2015
    very well reviewed
  • danielclark691 published 06/11/2015
    well reviewed
  • xKatieeex published 01/11/2015
    vh

offers "Magnitone BareFaced Cleansing Brush"