Man About Town (DVD)

Review of "Man About Town (DVD)"

published 21/10/2016 | stacey2911
Member since : 23/10/2013
I'm Back after over a month of not having a laptop
Pro the bloopers

Man about town
Price: £6.99
Released: 2006
Certificate: 15

This DVD has been on my shelf for a very long time, it's a duvet day in my house which means lots of tea, chocolate and fruit, in a hope this cold disappears quickly. I was hoping this movie would be funny and cheer us up but it wasn't what I wanted.

Jack attends an Adult educational class and is given an assignment to write a journal for the week to find out who he is. Jack is a top holly wood agent, is married, has everything anyone could possible want or need but he's unhappy with himself. Jack is hoping by writing a journal he will be able to improve the person he is. Jacks wife admits to having an affair, which jack is not surprised by and he doesn't seem to care either. Jack gets beaten up pretty bad when someone breaks into his house, he's left needing a lot of dental work and in the dentist he loses it and starts shouting at everyone. Jacks journal was stolen by a reporter, which could reveal a lot about himself, his personal life and his work.

This film, was not at all what i expected it's boring, not a lot happens. I can't even think of a single scene I liked, It was just a painful watch.

Casting
Jerry O'Connell as David Lilly
Kal Penn as Alan Fineberg
Amber Valletta as Brynn Lilly
Damien Wayans as Lucky Reynolds

The casting is fine, Occasionally you may feel sympathy towards Jack but none of the other characters were very likable. I find that if I can connect with a character it makes the film more enjoyable.

Bonus features
Visual Journaling
Talk to My Agent
Deleted scenes
Bloopers
The Bloopers in a movie I always like, I didn't bother with any other bonus features as I didn't enjoy this film.

I would not recommend this movie, it is being donated to the charity shop first thing tomorrow morning. If you want background noise whilst doing house work then you could put this on and still know exactly whats happening. It's not a film you need to pay attention to. This was definitely not a film for me, and not at all what I had hoped for.

• euphie published 22/10/2016
    vh :o)
  • Secre published 22/10/2016
    You've only got two small paragraphs of personal opinion here; what's there is certainly helpful but more could be included.
  • 2mennycds published 22/10/2016
    sounds dire! Well reviewed

Product Information : Man About Town (DVD)

Ben Affleck stars in this light-hearted comedy as Jack, a slick Hollywood agent with his work all in line but his personal life in shambles. When he signs up for a self-help course, his colleague gets wind of it, and he finds his attempts at self-improvement are the source of the world's laughter. Directed by Mike Binder, MAN ABOUT TOWN also stars Rebecca Romijn and John Cleese.

Listed on Ciao since: 14/08/2007