Review of "Mares Lirica Black Tech"

published 07/08/2003 | Jimbolian
Member since : 07/08/2003
Pro Leak free, looks good
Cons None!
How does it compare to similar products?

"My favourite mask to date"

First things first - the actual name of the product is:
Mares Lirica Tech Black! Not that I'm trying to be difficult - but I thought I'd be accurate!
I was looking for a mask which fitted me well without the need to perform a power inhale just to get it to fit my face: this mask fits the bill perfectly. I actually discovered the Lirica range whilst flicking through the Mares catalogue and thought that it looked like a stylish bit of kit to own... oh like so many divers, don't I base my decisions on the most important aspects! Anyway, having gained an interest in it, I obviously wanted to try it for fit - so, a couple of days later - at the NEC dive show, I tried on a foul looking yellow version and asked the people at the stall if they had the tech black... to which I was replied "sorry mate, they don't make it in black" - hmmm, having seen it in the mares catalogue I knew it existed so I went to the mares stand whereupon I ordered my tech black to arrive to my local dive centre! (bottom rule... customer knows best!)
The mask is great - it fits and even after an hour underwater it's still perfectly comfortable, and of course... the biggest issue, it looks pretty sexy too - nicely matching the array of black and silver kit I've been collecting!
I've been using it solidly for over a year and a half and I've got NOTHING bad to say about it - would definately recommend, however, with all masks - if you're new to diving you must try before you buy... not everyone's head's the same shape!

• MALDIVEDIVER published 23/10/2003
    Good op. I agree, even if you are not vain, there is nothing worse than bright pink and fluorescent orange rims around the eyes....it just makes you more attractive to the SHARKS!!! May be you could write about some dives you would recommend.