Mares X-Vision

Mares X-Vision

Scuba Masks

Review of "Mares X-Vision"

published 24/05/2012 | sympatic
Member since : 06/05/2012
Also to be found on Dooyoo with the same user name. Do not feed the trolls ;) Nice to see Ciao take action over false accusations and bullying. Still not able to rate half the time.
Pro Secure, comfortable fit
Cons None
How does it compare to similar products?

"Vision Express from Mares"

Buying a scuba diving mask is something I would not trust to the internet as you really do need to try the mask on as everyone has different shaped faces and so not all masks are suitable for everyone and my head is, while I think as being normal, others would say I have petite features and that is why I bought this mask from a dive shop in Milton Keynes for when we went to Egypt to have a holiday and take the basic PADI course as well as doing some snorkelling. I'm glad I did as the advice we got was excellent and with the correct advice the end decision was narrowed down to only two sets that fit my face and the X Vision was the best of the lot. It is specifically designed for my kind of face structure and has proven to be a reliable fit that forms a perfect seal around my eyes and nose. The other good news was that it was the cheaper of the two retailing at £35. It comes in a number of colours however the shop only stocked black or blue so I opted for the latter as fortunately that was also the colour of my fins.

It is suplied with a plastic case to stop it getting scratched when not in use and this has a secure clip on it. For those who wear glasses you can have a prescription lens fitted to replace the angled lenses that come supplied however there is an additional cost to have this done.

I found this mask to be so comfortable to wear whether under water at 15m depth or at the surface snorkelling, it forms a tight but comfortable seal and while there is a mark where the mask has been after diving it soon fades and as long as you keep the straps adjusted comfortably then there are no issues with it.

In my training I found it really easy to clear water when it flooded, this is one of the skiils you practice however I have never had to do this exercise for real when not in a training environment. The range of vision is excellent with the angled lenses giving a much wider range of vision than a standard mask. The silicane rim is secure and very comfortable as well. There are buckles on teh straps that are easy to adjust when putting the mask on and it is also very easy to remove once out of the water.

Overall this is a great mask both for scuba diving or snorkelling and I wouldcertainly recommend it.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 15/08/2017