Review of "Mario Badescu Drying Lotion"

published 18/04/2006 | wondyful
Member since : 26/11/2005
Pro Dries out whiteheads and blackheads, effective.
Cons Hard to wash lotion off.

"Mario Badescu Drying Lotion for spots and pimples."

I bought a bottle of this lotion while I was on holiday because it was on offer and I thought I might give it a try. This brand is claimed to be used by Naomi Campbell, Heidi Klum and others. It has been featured in numerous number of magazines.

First thing I noticed with that the glass bottle (30ml) consisted of a yellowy lotion with a layer of pink sediment at the bottle. Donn't do my mistake and go and shake the bottle because you aren't supposed to. Instructions on the bottle tell you to take a cotton bud and swab it into the pink sediment then apply on the indiviual spot or pimple. The only thing I would recommend is not to use a cotton bud because it soaks too much of the lotion up and the lotion I think is to protect the pink sediment. By the time you have gone through half your sediment (it doesn't look alot by its appearance but it does lasts for ages) there won't be no yellowy lotion left. I use a toothpick instead and take a bit of the sediment and put it ONLY on INDIVIDUAL spots and pimples because the next morning if the lotion has not been absorbed by the skin it is extremely difficult to wash away. I ended scrubbing my face to get it off, which is not a good thing.

Also, do not use the product on open pores or spots that you have just squeezed because it is quite painful The acid in the lotion is bery stingy to the skin.

Overall, I think this product has been good. It lasts a long time because you only need a small amount of it on each spot or pimple. Overnight my whiteheads were reduced extremely or some of them had disappeared completely. The lotion dries quite fast. The only thing that annoys me is removing it in the morning its quite hard to remove and in the UK its £15 at hqhair or in large department stores. I think the price is alright - the pakaging is nice comes in a glass bottle, wasy to use and hardly any smell.

• MAFARRIMOND published 18/04/2006
    A good first review. Welcome to Ciao. Maureen
  • unixgirl published 18/04/2006
    don't like the idea of scrubbing away at my skin. N.x
  • Tadders published 18/04/2006
    At £15, this sounds a tad pricey for some horrible-looking liquid which is hard to remove. Still, if it works and the supermodels use it, who am I to argue?