JeeanA 5

JeeanA

About me: Hi all! I'd not forgotten about this page, I'd just been really busy with things. I still don't have a full time job, but I DO have four jobs now to fill my time. I may even get round to updating my photo soon, you never know! :)

Member since:10.06.2003

Just TOO nice!

19.06.2004

Advantages:
Yummy and very moreish

Disadvantages:
No good for nut allergy sufferers

Product Quality

Taste

SmellVery nice

Packaging

29 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. ChocolateChip
  2. tuftie
  3. star333
  1. 123me
  2. supersexycoolchick
  3. karen5416

And also to write this review!

Right, here goes (I'm typing one-handed here, by the way, as the other's full of fruit and nut mix at the mo!).

Now both hands are empty again...

I've no idea how long M&S have been doing this particular fruit and nut mix. It was my team leader at work that got me on to them a few months back because she bought me a bag as a 'thankyou' for letting her borrow a book and I've been hooked since!

They're described on the bag as being 'an American style mix of nuts, seeds, raisins and cranberries'. I'm assuming they're calling it 'Amerian-style' because of the dried cranberries. Whatever the reason, they're lovely and are a great snack if you like dried fruit, nuts and seeds, which I do.

The bags only weigh 150g and at £1.69 a bag I first thought they were a bit overpriced, but now I think they're worth every penny. Also, the bag is clear (exept for the writing), so you can see what you're getting for your money with no unpleasant surprises at the lack of contents (which there isn't).

When they're opened (you need scissors) you get quite a nice smell. It's hard to describe, but it smells like what it is, as you'd expect.

In the bag you get a reasonably even mix of sliced and whole almonds, raisins, pumpkin and sunflower seeds and dried cranberries. There's a nice contrast between the crunchiness of the almonds, the sweetness and slight bitterness of the sliced, sweetened and whole, unsweetened almonds, and the diferent types of seeds and fruits. Sometimes I'll eat them bit by bit, but (and I know this'll make me sound a total piggy!) I also like to just get a handful and shove it all in, so all the tastes and textures can mix and mingle (plus, it frees your hand up a bit quicker!).

Very handily, if you can resist scoffing a whole bag in one sitting, the top of the bag has one of those press together self-seal fastener thingies.

To me, I think these would be brilliant at Christmas, that seeming to be the 'fruit and nut' time of year, but I eat them whenever I can manage to get to M&S to get them because they're so nice!

The only real drawback I find is the calorie content, which always comes with nuts, unfortunately. With this pack you get 450Kcal per 100g, but of the 25.3g/100g of fat, only 2.3g of it is saturated. You also get 6g of fibre per 100g too.

It recommends on the bag that once they are opened they should be eaten within a week, but believe me, they're not around long enough here for that to even be an issue!

Anyway, go try. Don't just take my word for it!

star333 01.01.2005 17:58

Nice review but i don't like these x

s_jones_2003 01.09.2004 11:23

Not a big fan really of these although at Christmas always seem to have a jar of nuts and raisins in though! Sarah x

MurkyDismal 13.08.2004 16:37