Georgia71... 5

Georgia713

About me: Hi :) i'm a student who is interested in cosmetics, photography, reading, films, TV and music ect. Thank you for reading and rating my reviews. :)

Member since:22.06.2011

Marks & Spencer Sicilian Lime Body Butter.

13.10.2011

Advantages:
Hydrates and moisturises skin .

Disadvantages:
Pricey .

Accessibilityaverage

Price£6

Duration of useon and off user

23 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. TheHairyGodmother
  2. Riley-
  3. ithoughtyoudneverask
  1. Brooke3

I never even shop at Marks and Spencer, never mind buy toiletries from there. But, my Nan virtually lives there, she could probably single handedly keep them in business with the amount she buys from in there! So, when she gave me this as a little gift I wasn’t surprised that the label read Marks and Spencer.

This Marks and Spencer Sicilian Lime and Bergamot Body Butter is sold in Marks and Spencer’s stores, for £6 per tub, but they can usually be found on the ‘2 for £7.50’ deal. The tubs contain 200ml of the body butter.

The tub is about 5cms deep, and it is a little bit smaller than a CD. The tub is clear, and the lid is green with a label on it. It tells us that the body butter is made with Sicilian Limes and Bergamot and that it is part of the ‘Ingredients’ range. The bottom label states the ingredients and directions. The lid screws off easily and the pot is recyclable.

The Body Butter itself is a light green colour, and smells strongly of limes. It is of a very thick consistency, probably one of the thickest I have ever seen. It is so stiff that it will not move around the tub if you leave it upside down.

Once the lid has been screwed off you will automatically be able to smell the limes. You can hardly smell the Bergamot, but this is because the smell of limes is so dominant. The smell is natural and not at all chemical. In fact, I like the smell; it is strong, but not too over powering.

This body butter states that ‘Sicilian limes have been used for centuries for their fresh and invigorating scent whilst Bergamot uplifts and revitalises. This nourishing body butter will help to leave your skin and mind feeling energised.’

To apply it says ‘massage into dry skin with fingertips to hydrate and moisturise your skin’.

To the touch the body butter is cold and almost slimy. It rubs into your skin easily, and it will soak in in good time. It leaves you skin hydrated and soft, but for a certain while it can be greasy to touch. This soon sinks into your skin, leaving it moisturised and smooth.

To get best results I would recommend that you use after having a shower or bath, so that it locks in the moisture. I use this once a day and my skin will stay soft and hydrated until I use it again. You could use it twice a day for better, longer lasting effects, or if you have particularly dry skin. The fresh lime scent will last all day long.

The label states that this product is not recommended for facial use, and that it’s not food and we shouldn’t swallow. I’m not sure why you would want to eat Body Butter anyway though?

You must use 24 months after opening. This product is BUAV approved, so none of the ingredients are tested on animals. This product does contain parabens.

This range has lots of different flavours, I have tried multiple ones, and all have the same effect on your skin, so if you don’t like this smell, I’m sure you will be able to find one you like.

Overall, I think this product is good, but a little bit pricey. I do like the cold feel of this on your skin, and I love the smell. It hydrates and moisturises the skin well and it is a good, high quality product that I would highly recommend. I have given it 5 out of 5 stars.

Also posted on Dooyoo under the username of GAL713.

« Previous review

ithoughtyoudneverask 13.10.2011 23:25

Mmmm this sounds lovely!

fizzytom 13.10.2011 23:03

I haven't seen this but the frangance sounds lovely

rosebud2001 13.10.2011 22:10

I like this scent...not tried the body butter but the shower gel is lovely :-)