Towel Rail

Review of "Marks & Spencer Islington Towel Rail"

published 10/08/2015 | Picklewest
Member since : 29/01/2015
I have just learnt the term POW and apparently it's now all over
Pro Looks good, easy to install and adjust
Cons None
Style and Appearance

"Attractive Rail for Towels"

Marks & Spencer Islington Towel Rail

In every flat or house that I have previously lived in as an adult I have rented. Each time of moving in to a new place there was always little extras that I had to buy to make the property work for me. I think every place I rented I ended up having to but a towel rail or towel ring. Having bought our first house last year I was pleasantly surprised on moving in that this was maybe the first time that I wouldn't have to buy something to hold my towel up and not one, but 2 were fitted already in the bathroom. There was a Islington Towel Ring, and this Islington Towel Rail and also a matching cup and soap holder.

Having looked online to identify exactly what this towel rail is called I have also learnt that it is sold by Marks and Spencer's in store and online. M&S currently sell this rail for £22. I can see that this item is also listed on Amazon but detailed as 'currently out of stock'. For me £22 is a lot for what is essentially a piece of metal in a straight line that gets fitted to the wall, but, looking at comparable products this actually seems a descent price.

I really like how this rail looks. Although yes I have just described it as a piece of straight metal it is quite attractive. The main part is nickle plated stainless steel and there are attractive looking white circular parts that have a nickle surround which attach to the wall. There is also attractive white detail at the edges of this towel rail.

The fixtures are not seen which is good. In fact when husband Rick wanted to reposition our towel rail at first we were at a loss of where to start. However, this did turn out to be quite easy. Rick simply twisted the circular part to see the screw fixtures. There are 2 screws on each side and Rick unscrewed them using a screwdriver to take it off and adjust.

This towel rail measures 70.5cm long, 7cm high and 8cm deep. We use this rail just for our hand rail but we can easily hang 2 bath towels from it if required. So far we have never had any problems with this towel rail. It is sturdy and holds our towels without problem.

Overall I am pleased with this towel rail. In my opinion it looks good and it is sturdy and easy to use. As a result yes I certainly recommend this product.

• Secre published 12/08/2015
    VH
  • AnneLorraine1 published 11/08/2015
    well reviewed
  • jo-1976 published 11/08/2015
    We could do with a new towel rail