A-me 4

A-me

Member since:31.08.2011

La Maison de Senteurs body cream senteuss blanche

29.01.2012

Advantages:
good value, absorbs quickly

Disadvantages:
dated packaging

51 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. AnneLorraine1
  1. xmum2fourx
  2. Ri0TT
  3. malihat

Usually with body products I tend to stick with Soap and Glory, but recently for my birthday Ia Maison de Senteurs body cream – senteuss blanche – no idea what that means other than the word white! Like I said I love my S & G and so have only recently got around to using this body cream.

===Price and Availability===

This is a marks and spencer body cream and so of course can be found there. This retails currently at 5 for 180ml. Strangly I cant find this particular scent on their website but you can easily find the lavender or orange version. I was surprised to find that actually La Maison de Senteurs is a rather large range of various products available in Marks and Spencer. The range includes:

Bath cream 400ml - 7.50
Eau de toilette 50ml - 9.50
Body wash 200ml - 3.50
Hand and body lotion 275ml -5
Hand cream 75ml - 3.50
Scented filled candle - 5
Hand wash - 5
Diffuser and diffuser oil - 9.50 each

Personally I think that this seems like an affordable and reasonably priced range, even better if you get given some as a gift and don’t have to spend a penny.

===Packaging===

This is a fairly heavy jar which I like as it makes it feel quite luxurious and expensive. The lid is screw on/off in silver and fits very securely. The glass is clear so that you can see the cream inside – especially handy for knowing how much product you have got left. There is a pale blue labels which covers up the majority of the glass on the side and provides us with a fair amount of information. The product name itself is written partially in a somewhat interesting font that took me a little while to decipher. Personally I think that the name is a bit odd and complicated although I actually have no idea what it translates to. Apparently this is ‘ a luxurious body cream enriched with essential oil of lemon and a fresh floral fragrance to uplift and rejuvenate – reminiscent of southern France’. I have no idea what southern France smells like but I would assume it is pleasant. There is also some more information stating that this is ‘a richly hydrating body cream blended with shea butter and vitamin E to soften and protect the skin. Enriched with essential oil of lemon and a floral bouquet to uplift.’ To use the instructions say to massage into the skin with fingertips to moisturise and care for the skin. The body cream is not suitable for facial use (duh – surely that’s why its called body cream??) and should be used within 24 months of opening. I have to say I am not overly keen on the packaging – it is just a little old fashioned for my personal taste.

===The cream===

The cream itself is white and looks as though it is of a fairly thin consistency. When smelling the cream it has a fairly subtle scent which doesn’t tend to be what I would usually go for but it is definitely a pleasant smell. Although there is supposedly lemon in there I can only really detect a floral scent which is very pretty (although the fragrance reminds me ever so slightly of a DEET insect repellent I have used before). On applying the cream I am surprised that the consistency isn’t as thin as I had expected, although it is by no means thick. I think that this is the perfect consistency really, not so runny that it is unpleasant to apply and not so thick that you feel you are having a mini work out trying to rub it all in. immediately after applying this my skin feels cool and very refreshed which isn’t something I have particularly experienced with other body creams. It absorbs fairly quickly and doesn’t leave a horrible oily or sticky residue afterwards. I didn’t have to use a lot of this when applying which I think shows the quality of the product. After it has fully absorbed into my skin I have to agree with the claims that it softens the skin – it really does.

===Value for money===

Considering I paid nothing for this I would say it is brilliant value haha. But no seriously I do think that this is good value. I think that 5 is a very reasonable price to pay for 180ml of product, especially when so little needs to be used each time. I can really see this body cream lasting me for quite some time (especially because I’m lazy and tend to forget about moisturising my body).

===Good points===
Good value
To hold this feels luxurious and expensive – nice heavy jar
Sensible packaging
Pleasant fragrance
Absorbs quickly
Softens skin

===Not so good points===
Fragrance pleasant but not all that special
Old fashioned packaging

===Would I recommend?===
If you want a body cream that works, yes! The fragrance may not be for everyone, it is pleasant enough but I wouldn’t say that it is anything particularly special or different. Overall I would give this lovely cream 4 out of 5 – I deducted one point because I think it looks old fashioned.

Thanks for reading.

Pictures
Marks & Spencer La Maison De Senteur - MS SB Body Cream Open body cream - Marks & Spencer La Maison De Sen
Marks & Spencer La Maison De Senteur - MS SB Body Cream

AnneLorraine1 31.01.2012 02:15

very well reviewed

Bollinger28 29.01.2012 10:22

The trouble with M&S is they are always discontinuing their beauty ranges - you find one you love and the next time you go in it's completely disappeared from the shelves. I loved their Truly Decadent range but I can only find it occasionally on eBay now :o(

Alyson29 29.01.2012 07:39

I keep forgetting M & S do their own toiletries, so I must take a look next time I'm shopping x