Review of "Marks and Spencer"

published 25/04/2001 | Kkaos
Member since : 23/04/2001
Hi, I'm Kee, and the first thing I usually do is explain that its not my fault about my name, and yes, you do spell it like that. Lets see, I live with my fiance and some mates in a big student house where we argue, make a mess and have parties (u...
Pro The food is heavenly
Cons Rather pricey and no stores in some towns
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Marks and Sparks"

Ok, I was one of those kids who had to hide the labels on her packed lunch at school (and her clothes) cause my Mum was a 'Marks and Sparks freak'. It was just such an embarrassment when I was younger.

However, when I left home, I suddenly found that I didn't like Sainsbury's cheddar, or Tescos Chicken Tikka Masala!

I eventually ventured into Marks and Spencer myself... was I turning into a fuddy duddy?

In reality, Marks and Spencer food is just better than everyone elses... try their cheddar, I guarantee that you won't regret it, nor will you go back to other supermarket brands.

The Chicken Tikka is creamy and mild, I just have never found another one that I liked anywhere. Try it with their garlic baguettes, a meal made in heaven.

Raspberry Royales (raspberries, jelly, sponge and cream) are the most delicious dessert in the world, although very pricey at about 70p for a single serving pot.

Marks and Spencer food is much more expensive than leading supermarket rival brands, but it really is worth the difference. I am a poor student and have to travel 12 miles to my nearest store, but my advice is to select your favourite products, buy in bulk, pop them in the freezer and then serve them to your family in the next few weeks and pretend you've prepared them yourself! You can't go wrong!

Oh, and you pay for good customer service too - they are very friendly and helpful.

Sadly, Marks and Spencer are running at a huge loss at the moment, and it worries me how long they can carry on.

Go on, use them while you can, you will regret it if you don't!

• ashford published 26/04/2001
    A good op Kee- well written and very fair ray
  • Kkaos published 25/04/2001
    In reply to NealXs's opinion, the point that I was trying to make was that I am a poor student but I give up other things to occasionally buy my favourite products from M+S and erm, I kind of cut things like ready meals in half and just eat half at a time with bread and butter, therfore halving the price of my meal :?)

offers "Marks and Spencer"

Product Information : Marks and Spencer