Review of "Marks and Spencer"

published 06/09/2001 | BAILEY
Member since : 10/03/2001
Pro Good parking, excellent range, excellent quality
Cons Could have a larger wine selection
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Excellence in a store"

I could not possibly rate Marks and Spencer foodhall high enough! To be honest, I don't make enough money to shop here all the time, so I get everyone I know to buy me M + S vouchers for everything - birthdays, my wedding, anniversaries, everything! Their range is fabulous, if you want it you can probably get it here. They have all kinds of world wide foods, from chinese and indian to american, italian and french.

So what if it is a bit more (a bit? I can hear my husband saying) expensive? It's so worth it. Every item of food in this store is top quality, and their fresh deli and bakery are fab too. I actually bought my 3 tier wedding cake from M + S and it cost me ............ £37.00 FULLY ICED!!! Not a word of a lie. None of my friends could belive it.

If you haven't paid a visit to the Marks and Spencer foodhall, I advise you do it now - every meal I have had from them has been as good as if I ate in a restaurant.

The shop is very well laid out - the aisles are all wide enough to fit two pushchairs, trolleys or wheelchairs through with no hassle, there are plenty of tills so you don't have to queue for hours to get served, and plenty of staff on hand if you get stuck or need a hand. They have a collect by car service so you can give your shopping to a nice lady who will bring it to the back door for you to colect in your car when you are ready - they will even keep it all day for you if you fancy some shopping elsewhere before taking your shopping home!

I really can't see M+S going under with this excellent service, all they need to do is spread the word and open bigger foodhalls.

I strongly advise you to visit today - they need your support!!

• seagulls-lost-horizon published 06/09/2001
    nice op, the food is good, the thing I hate, is the fact i get vegetarian food from theer and when you find something you like it tends not to be in for sererav months/years if ever again, and they mover everything about far too often, still go there though
  • Elainebaba published 06/09/2001
    Marks & Spencer always represent to me good quality in the food department. when I was training to be a nurse (a long time ago!) Marks and Spencer was part of our assignment on hygiene. I still remember it to this day, the standard of hygiene was always high and still contiues to be so. Avril
  • LostWitness published 06/09/2001
    You can't fault M & S food - have never been to a dedicated food hall but you can't keep me away from the normal stores! :O)

offers "Marks and Spencer"

Product Information : Marks and Spencer