Marmite Sandwich Box

Marmite Sandwich Box

Lunch Box

Review of "Marmite Sandwich Box"

published 29/12/2009 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro Great retro lunch box, Keeps sandwiches fresh
Cons Trying to find the right sized bread!

"Personally I just love it!"

***MARMITE***
I'm pretty sure that everyone has heard of Marmite and you will either love or hate it. I personally love it and think it's yummy. I have noticed lately that a lot of retro items have come out such as marmite plates and mugs and old prints and post-cards advertising marmite as well. They also recently bought out some new food products such as marmite cheddar bites, rice cakes, bread-sticks and new cereal bars as well.

***THE LUNCH-BOX***
The marmite lunch-box can't be mistaken for anything else with it's black box and bright yellow lid with the marmite logo on the top. The lunch-box is shaped like a piece of bread which makes it perfect for taking your lunch to work in. The box itself is approx 12.5cm long and 12cm wide. It's also approx 3.5cm deep so is only big enough for one sandwich.

Although the lunch-box looks like a perfect size i did have trouble trying to squeeze my sandwich in here. I don't know what bread they used to measure the lunch-box but when using bread from a standard loaf it was too big to fit in the box so I have to cut some off one end. I thought maybe a small loaf would fit better in the lunch-box so went out and bought a small loaf but this was then slightly too small.

Although I haven't found the correct sized bread to sue for this it kept my sandwich nice and fresh as the lid fit's on nice and tight and seal's the box very well to prevent the sandwich from drying out. The lunch box is dishwasher and freezer safe.

***PRICE/AVALIBILITY***
You can buy this iconic retro lunch-box from the following websites:

* www.gadgetshop.com
  • www.totally-funky.co.uk
  • www.strawberryfool.co.uk
  • www.hawkin.com this is also available in their store which is called Hawkins Bazaar.

Prices for the lunch-box on every one of these websites will cost you £4.99. On some of these site's how-ever it does say that the item is out of stock and on some sites it also states that no further stock is avaliable.

***OVERALL OPINION***
This is a great iconic and retro lunch box that marmite lovers will simply love. It's quite small compared to other lunch-boxes and has been thrown about in my bag plenty of times and the lid has stayed on and has kept the sandwich together and has also kept it nice and fresh too. This is made from plastic and is easy to clean. You may struggle to find the right sized bread to squeeze into this lunch-box like I did. At £4.99 I think it's quite a bargain compared to other lunch-boxes which are more expensive but look plain and boring and don't keep your sandwiches fresh for very long. If you buy this you won't be disappointed. A nearly perfect lunch-box for your marmite and cheese sarnies!

(review also on dooyoo)

• danielclark691 published 06/02/2017
    vh
  • paulpry118 published 30/12/2009
    I don't like Marmite so I probably wouldn't buy this box
  • JL132 published 30/12/2009