Marriott Hotel, Glasgow

Marriott Hotel, Glasgow

Review of "Marriott Hotel, Glasgow"

published 04/08/2010 | Angela150
Member since : 11/11/2009
Does anyone know of any work from home websites? Something similar to ciao with paid renumeration?
Pro Nice plasma TV. Very Clean Room.
Cons None
Cleanliness
Service
Facilities

"Marriott Hotel, Glasgow"

Introduction

Last weekend, I stayed at Marriott Hotel in Glasgow with my husband and daughter. I stayed their for two nights. The first night was for a Kings Size Room for which we paid £85. The second night was for a King Size Room, purchased using skywards miles which you get from travelling frequently with emirates airlines.

The First Day of Our Stay

The first day of our stay was absolutely fantastic. When we walked into the room, it was immaculate. The pillows were really soft and there about 5 or 6 of them. Luxury bedding featuring fluffier pillows and cotton-rich linens was provided and it was really comfy, There was a catalogue from Marriott selling the bedding that they provided in the room. However the bedding set is very expensive if you want to purchase it and it costs nearly a grand! The room had a really nice 32 inch flat screen TV. However, you do have to pay £6.95 if you want to watch any movies. You have to enter the room number you are staying using the remote control and it will get charged to your hotel bill. The cot they provided for the baby was satisfactory but it looked more like a play pen so make sure you bring extra bedding for the baby. A nice ironing board, iron and hairdryer is provided which is of good quality. I still prefer to bring my own hairdryer though as my hair kept getting tangled in the end of the hairdryer but that could be because my hair is very long! High speed internet was provided as well. The tea and cofee provide in the room was of excellent quality.

The Second Day of Our Stay

The second day of our stay was dissapointing as they gave us a room with a broken air conditioning unit and a broken fridge. The weather was very hot and my baby was crying all night. I called customer services and they said maintenance was not available to fix the air conditioning unit till morning and by that time we checked out. I was quite disspointed as I used 25000 skwards miles to book the room. It takes about 5 or 6 flights with Emirates to collect that many miles(rewards points) . I have logged a complaint with Marriott and skywards. The rest of the room was perfect but the absence if the air conditioning unit had a bad effect on the rest of our stay. It was such a shame as the first day rated ten out ten :(.

Details about the hotel

Glasgow Marriott is a four star hotel. There are 13 floors, 300 rooms, 2 meeting rooms and 2 suites. The guest services include laudry on-site, newspapers elivered to room on notice and safe deposit boxes on the front desk. You can check in at 2pm and check out at 12 pm.The on-site parking fee for your car is £1.60 hourly or £8 daily which I think is a cheap rate. There are 180 car parking spaces so get there quick! Attractions near the hotel are the Glasgow Science Centre,The Willow Tea Rooms and The Tall Ship at Glasgow Harbour. The hotel is near glasgow central train station.The hotel address is: 500 Argyle Street, Anderston, Glasgow, Scotland G3 8RR United Kingdom and if you would like to book a room call 0141 226 5577!

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 30/11/2017
    OK
  • 2mennycds published 30/11/2017
    vh
  • sooty1987 published 29/03/2011
    Great review. I come from a town near to Glasgow and visit Glasgow twice a year. I always stay at the Glasgow Hilton and if you look around you can usually find a good value offer. x