Mars Galaxy Chocolate Bar

Mars Galaxy Chocolate Bar

Review of "Mars Galaxy Chocolate Bar"

published 14/07/2002 | ashford
Member since : 21/06/2000
Pro So Tasty Easily Found Good Value
Cons A Bit Addictive
Smell
Product Quality

"Galaxy is Unbelievably Yummy"

It’s funny isn’t it ? Do you,like me, find it difficult to come up with the right words to describe some delectable offering you just adore ? Devoted chocolate connoisseurs - not that I amreally that-or mere choccy gluttons like me, frequently experience problems in explaining why they are so partial to a particular chocolate bar. Of course in Britain people are exposed to so much choice and this is a heavenly haven for chocaholics, compared to many other countries around the globe.

Now I do have to admit to you that I find Mars Galaxy chocolate bar very, very, hard to resist and I hope you will be a bit forgiving of my weakness .Every single moutful to me has to be savoured and lovngly enjoyed. Logic tells me the stuff is full of fattening, sweet,chocolate and that it will probably eventually play havoc with my remaining teeth. It might even beconsidered as a criminal-tooth murdererer.." Why then does silly me nibble.munch and sometimes feverously fevour bars of Galaxy. Mind you I am not alone. Recently my eldest daughter made a trip to Norwich and Nottingham and was given strict instructions to bring back from UK, Walker’s Crisps, Mars bars and at least four bars of Galaxy.Being the kind and obedient daughter she is,she duly obliged. I devoured my bar watching the World Cup on TV and knew that two bars were left,when I went to bed, in the side department of the fridge. Around 2.30 am I wokeup with hunger pains and found someone else in the household had “pinched” the Galaxy bars.

There is plenty of choice in the choccy market. There are chocolate bars from Cadbury like Milk Tray,Boost and Flake, Nestle Rowntrees Yorki, Kit Kat and Aero, Fry’s Turkish Delight, as well as offerings from Hersheys, Lindt, Suchard and Thorntons among others. Stiill I have a habit of riffling along the shelves in my local supermarket to locate a 50 gr or 100 gr bar of Galaxy.

Galaxy ,as you probably know, is made by Mars; they also produce Snickers, Maltesers, Twix and that old fave, Mars ,bars. Galaxy has such a smooth, satisfying taste and lovely, soft, delectable praline centre. How can anyone not like it ? The whole things titilates the palate and melts delightfully in the mouth. It is absolutely delightful munched when you are enjoying a good quality coffee. The stuff also gives you a good energy boost and frankly I can nibble it at just about any time of the day and night. Alright I know it is a shocking admision ! It probably goes to show I am addicted.

I do suppose that you could use Galaxy in you cooking. You could melt it, use it as a topping on a ice cream sundae or make a chocolate fondue but do not ask me to give up my choccy bar for any fancy cooking !

Galaxy is available all over the kingdom and it to be found in small 50 gr, 100 gr bars right up to a monster mega 400 gr offering. Prices vary regionally and by trader but the range seems to be from a minumum of 35 pence to approximately Stg2.35 pounds for the big offerings.

I do promise not to send you to sleep but I will briefly allude to the main ingredients. They include :

Cocoa Solids
Mnimum Milk Solids
Vegetable Fat
Emulsifiers
Flavouring

The ingredients, I must say ,do not actually sound that exciting or even palatable. However, they must know a thing or two at Mars, those devlishly clever people know just how to mix up the ingredients and come up with an end-product that is simply unbelievably tasty and mooreish.The wrapper may be a bit cheesy to some but the contents’ - woh-they are good.When it comes to texture ,smoothness and taste, Galaxy chocolate bars beat most of the opposition with consumate ease in my book. This is really an excellent choccy from the Mars stable and no wonder it does get such rave reviews.

Thanks very much for reading !

• tabyorky published 15/07/2002
    I love galaxy chocolate as it is so creamy.
  • ashmead published 15/07/2002
    I do a great school assembly on Galaxy along the lines of taking that strange looking list of ingredients and combining them to make something wowie.. the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and all that. Best bit is, though, there's usually quite a lot of the prop left afterwards! .. must do that one more often! Great op! Ashmead
  • BubbleCat published 14/07/2002
    One of the creamiest ones I've come accros. I'm not sure but I think Kwik Save are doing the big bar for 50p. A few more reads and you'll have a free one ;)