Mary Poppins [Original Soundtrack] (Original Soundtrack/Film Score) - Disney

Mary Poppins [Original Soundtrack] (Original Soundtrack/Film Score) - Disney

1, 2 CD(s) - Children's Music - Label: Disney - Distributor: Universal Music - Released: 06/02/2006 - 94635102826, 94635323528 - Studio / Live: Studio

Review of "Mary Poppins [Original Soundtrack] (Original Soundtrack/Film Score) - Disney"

published 26/06/2014 | muffin11
Member since : 27/02/2013
Pro Brilliant CD
Cons none
Originality
Quality and consistency of tracks
Cover / Inlay Design and Content
Lyrics

"Mary Poppins sing-a-long"

Every since visiting Disneyland Paris the other year with my kids I've been on a quest to introduce them to more Disney songs and films than just the phenomenon that is Frozen. Frozen's great but there are other classic, more endearing Disney films and characters, including Mary poppins. Mary Poppins, Bert and the chimmney sweeps featured quite heavily in the Disneyland parades and as such we had, "Step in time" stuck in our heads for a long rime afterwards so I decided to not only get the film but also the Mary Poppins original CD so we could listen in the car.

The songs are classics in my opinion and its a testement to the song writers from the film that these tunes have stood the test of time and are still as singable and toe tappable as they ever were. In fact, according to an article I read about the song writers, "

Robert B. Sherman was born December 19, 1925 in New York City. He is an American songwriter who specializes in musical films with his brother Richard M. Sherman. Together, the Sherman Brothers have written more motion picture musical scores than any other songwriters in history. Some of Sherman's best known writing includes the songs from "Mary Poppins", "The Jungle Book", "Winnie the Pooh", "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang", "The Slipper and the Rose" and the theme park song, "It's a Small World (after all)".

This CD contains all of your favourite songs from the film and what I like about this CD is that listening to it is like taking a journey through the wonderful story of the film, all the songs are in order from how the story goes in the film and so by listening to it you can reminise about the film too.

The track listing are as follows:O

Overture
Step In Time
A Man Has Dreams
Let's Go Fly A Kite
Interview with Sherman Bros

I haven't actually listenend to the last track which is an interview with the writers of the songs, my kids always want the music back on when we get to that track, so I can't comment on it but I'm sure its very interesting and I will get around to listening one day. If you do not know the words to the songs there is a boooklet that comes with this CD with all the words so you can sing along to your hearts content.A great classic CD.

• xxfoxyredxx published 27/06/2014
    Nice review but I hate the fil and ex took me as a 'surprise' to see it on stage way back and Id of rather pulled me toenails out one by one lol x
  • CoffeeQueen68 published 26/06/2014
    I love this music in this film. =) Louise.
  • Icypink published 26/06/2014