Maserati 3200GT

Maserati 3200GT

Coupe - Rear (RWD) - 6 Speed Manual Transmission, 4 Speed Automatic - 113 bhp - Petrol

Review of "Maserati 3200GT  "

published 09/09/2005 | cheekychappy05
Member since : 07/09/2005
Pro You have the name at price
Cons Not the acceleration for those boy racers!
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Maserati 3200GT - more than a name"

~#General Information#~

I personally do not own this car, however my best friend does and we often go out for a drive in it. Personally I would love to drive the Maserati 3200GT.

Here is some information just generally about the car. It does between 12/20 mpg. For a car of its type I think that this is very reasonable and can think of many family saloons that this is not far from.

The car weights in at 3501 lbs. This is average for a car of its size and type. It enables it to stick to the road whilst giving the Twin-turbo V8 engine a light frame to soar down the road on. It works on a 6 gear transmission system.

The engine is situated in the front of the car and is rear wheel drive. If I am to be honest I really wouldn't expect anything else from a car of its sort in this day and age. Now here are perhaps some more interesting facts. Boy racers read on!

~#Performance#~

The car covers 0-60mph in 5.1 seconds. This is outstandingly quick but believe you me it is quick enough for me. i have only got close to this speed of acceleration on the motorway on the way down to Southampton, it was a memerable experience!

The car does 0-100mph in 12.7 seconds. This again is amazing quick but is is respectable for its value and car type. I have never accererated through to 100 mph however imaging about it doesn't really make me want to.

The car tops out at 174mph. From 60mph-0 it takes 126ft. This brings alot of safety to the car on top of its quality built in safety features.

The also has an optium cruising speed of 63.1mph. However although it is a Twin-turbo V8 it runs extremely smoothly, even without the sport suspension upgrade.

~#The Engine#~

As I have already said on a few occasions the engine is a Twin-turbo V8 that runs remarkably smoothly. Along with running smoothly though if you want to feel the power it is quite possible., especially when accellerating.

The car has a 3217 cc displacement and 365 break horse power @ 6250 rpm. This just show the capabilities of this car. Oh yeh, and as rpm go another thing I found interesting is that it doesn't red line. So you can rev that engine to your hearts content.

~#Overall#~

Overall the interior, exterior and cars functionality are all superb. I would have to recommend this car to anyone with a slighly big ego but also with some taste/

I would like to add that this car is extremely graceful and is relatively economic. I would recommend it to anyone but as always with cars make sure you know what your buying so you know what you are getting.

• Scarlet_Ribbons published 09/09/2005

Transmission type: 6 Speed Manual Transmission; 4 Speed Automatic

Classification: Luxury Sports Car

Country of Origin: Italy

Range: Maserati 3200 GT

Driven Wheels: Rear (RWD)

Manufacturer: Maserati