Masterplast Migra Cool Patches

Masterplast Migra Cool Patches

Cold Therapy

Review of "Masterplast Migra Cool Patches"

published 25/11/2010 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Easy to use, clear the airways and give some relief albeit temporary
Cons A great product to be used in conjunction with 'proper' medication
Effectiveness

"Cool patches that feel hot and tingly to me!"

I suffer with alot of headaches and migraines. I spend way too much time on this computer and as a child was diagnosed with migraines. If I get a headache or migraine then I take something for it of course. I'm not a Puritan and will pop pills when needed. I have tried lots of things to help over the years from lying in darkened rooms to cold compresses and migraine relief tablets from the Doctor and for me good old paracetamol does the trick for a headache but for a migraine I have medication from the Doctor for.

These I bought from Asda for a pound for a box of 3 patches and thought that was a good price. I thought they sounded like a good idea and being none medicinal meant I could used them in conjunction with any other medication I needed such as migraine tablets. This would be an added extra to my pain relief routine!

The Packaging:

The box is dark blue in colour with a young girl on the front using one of the patches and we are told that they are Masterplast Migra Cool 'Cool patches for migraines and headaches' and that they are instant cooling soothing relief and that they last for hours and of course as I stated previously there are 3 patches provided in the box and that they measure 5cm x 12cm. On the back of the box other information listed includes being told a bit about the product and how to use them, warnings are given and contact details for MasterPlast are given. Nice enough simple packaging this is where are the information given is neatly and understandably laid out.

A Bit About The Product According To The Information Given On The Back Of The Box:

Migra Cool is a new water based ' hydrogel' patch that can be used in conjunction with other migraine and headache treatments. These patches gently soothe and calm the painful discomfort associated with migraine and severe headaches. The Migra Cool patch is ideal for use at the first signs of a migraine or headache.

For years, doctors have recommended cooling therapy as adjunctive treatment for migraines and headaches, but cold compresses can be messy and impractical. Now you can use Migra Cool, a convenient sized patch infused with water based gel that can be simply placed on the forehead. Migra Cool is ideal for migraine sufferers and those times when you just want to cool down.

Ready to use
No refrigeration required
Cooling effects last hours
Easy to apply and remove
Can be used in conjunction with other medication

The Patches:

Each patch comes in a white large plastic and waterproof wrapper. It is easy to tear into as there is a nick to the top of it and in blue writing your told what it is on the front of it and on the back the same information basically as what is on the box. The patch is rather heavy to the touch and you get a white strip of like a material with a good helping of cool turquoise gel splattered all over it and all you do is simply pull away the see-through plastic (which is ever so easy to do) and then stick the gel covered backing on to your head. Simple!

The gel has a highly medicated fragrance to it which is slightly menthol in its smell but perfectly pleasant. The patch sticks to the head with complete ease and from the moment you pop it on you can feel it on there but oddly enough it feels likes its burning my forehead. You can't forget its on as you can feel it and smell it for its duration of its stay and for me this doesn't feel comfortable at all to begin with though I do eventually get used to it. I was worried when I initially smelt it that that menthol would make make my eyes water but it doesn't one bit.

The biggest question is do they aid pain relief though? Well in my opinion yes they do. The menthol seemed to clear my head rather alot and I was able to breath more easy on a recent headache attack. I wouldn't say alone (without tablets) these would stop the headache/migraine but in helping me breathe more easily...yes that helps somewhat. They also took my mind off the headache! The weird hot feeling on my head opposed to the cool was uncomfortable and I have to say to me and my senses they were not cool patches! They were hot! However they are not painful to use just a tad uncomfortable.

The patch was easy to remove, didn't make my face feel sticky after using it and was simple enough to dispose of in the bin after application. I found when the effects of this stopped I simply pulled it off, waved it about a bit in the air and popped it back on my head which meant I got a couple of hours of use from the patch and in that time it never slipped off or fell off or anything like that.

All in all I think these are rather a nifty product. The tingling sensation these gives takes my mind of my headache/migraine but alone they don't do much for me personally but I do like them alot. Just be aware that I think they slightly feel like they're burning the skin off but they're not and wow they don't half clear out the airways!

Thumbs up from me! Available in all good supermarkets and chemists etc and if not in Asda for a pound for 3 patches expect to pay a bit more in places like Boots.

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• xxfoxyredxx published 06/01/2011
  • Martinscholes published 29/11/2010
    Great review. Will have to keep an eye out for these.
  • candzjay published 26/11/2010
    sadly these don't work for me :( great review hun. C xx