Review of "Masuri Test"

published 26/07/2009 | Meccers
Member since : 26/07/2009
Pro Lightweight, Strong, Adjustable and Comfortable.
Cons Price tag
Durabiltiy
Price

"MASURI TITANIUM - A Review"

Out of the 4 helmets I have used throughout my career, this one is superior to the rest and by a distance. Arguably the best feature of the Masuri Titanium is how light it is. This helped me keep my head still when playing shots and moving my head into line with ease. There was additionally a significant reduction in the number of neck injuries I suffered in comparison with older helmets. The strength of the helmet has been tested on numerous occasion withstanding direct blows to the grille and glancing blows to the headpiece while wicket-keeping, with only superficial damage being inflincted.
In terms of comfort the Masuri Titanium has an adjustsble velcro strap and achin strap with foam padding. These are both great at keeping the structure close to the head with no movement when running as well as allowing for 'onesize fits all'. The cushion at the brow of the helmet collects any sweat which can form during a long, hard innings and the holes in the top help condition the head preventing overheating. The helmet has moulded its shape to my head adding to the comfort it provides.
The grille can be tailored to a player's needs with a shape that stays out of the eye-line when batting curving close to the chin. An overlooked feature of helmets in their versatility off the field, mine has withstood the abuse I've given it after receiving many dodgy LBW decisions and countless bumps and scrapes inside my cricket bag.
The cost, upto £90 with the titanium grille, may be a bit steep however in my opinion, for its strength, longevity and safety it is well worth the price tag.