Mateus Rosé

Mateus Rosé

Review of "Mateus Rosé"

published 28/01/2011 | dubiousdrinker
Member since : 28/01/2011
Good
Pro Its so good, someone left it behind
Cons It compelled me to write my first review
Product Quality
Product package
Taste
How loyal are you to this brand?

"I'm just a bit dubious of this bottle..."

Had a house party and this lovely bottle of mateus rose was left behind... god knows why! Just cracked it open with a couple of friends and found that the notes in the wine are rather tangy with a touch of sparkle. A little unusual for typical rose wine however seeing its price through further product research I found it has lived up to its value, take that how you like it! The shape of the bottle is rather appealing however not easily concealed upon one's person. We found the cork quality rather poor, as it was difficult to remove through excessive corkscrewing, I'd like to note at this point we had not drunk at all. I am new to this brand however I feel I will salute this brand every time my friends and I drink, MATEUS!

• torr published 31/01/2011
    Welcome to Ciao. Interesting review as far as it goes, but you'll need a lot more detail for higher ratings.
  • pgn0 published 29/01/2011
    Mateus is a frizzante rosé wine, hence the sparkle, and is sold in its distinctive narrow-necked bottle which is sealed with a real cork - hence the difficulty you had getting the cork to part company with the bottle...