Mattel Barbie Glam Convertible Car

Mattel Barbie Glam Convertible Car

Review of "Mattel Barbie Glam Convertible Car"

published 18/12/2011 | helen190390
Member since : 30/11/2011
Thank you for all the rates and kind comments <3
Pro Brilliant little toy for an imaginative girl
Cons none as of yet!

"Come on Barbie let's go Party!"

My daughter who is 3 in April loves her new Barbie she got a week ago. I was trying to think of something to get her to go with her Barbie as an extra Christmas present and ended up giving up until I was food shopping.

THE CAR:
=============
My daughter hasn't had the chance to play with this yet but I know she is going to adore it!. I went to Morrisons today and found this pink Barbie glam convertible car for £6 reduced for £10. When getting home I rushed upstairs to wrap it up and thought I would just check if it was in my opinion, safe for my daughter to play with. I opened the box and was greeting by a lovely pink shiny convertible for Barbie to cruise around our living room in style in. I yelled downstairs for my partner to bring up her Barbie for me to check she fits and it's easy for Hollie to do. The car comes with stickers which need to be stuck on by an adult. I decided to do this while I had it out of the box so Hollie gets to play with it as soon as she opens it on Christmas day. The lights at the front and back are shiny glitter effect stickers and the front licence plate is too. There is also stickers for the side mirrors and the rear view mirror. These stickers have a protective layer sticker on top which need to be taken off to reveal the mirror effect the stickers have. The side mirrors come separately in a little plastic bag which need to be slotted into the holes either side of the car. I think this is the reason why the car is set at a "not suitable for children under 3" sticker. I wanted Hollie to be able to play with it and even though she isn't prone to swallowing or eating things like that, I found some super glue and put them in so they wouldn't come out without some force. The car has lots of decoration and cute features which only older children and adults would appreciate. The dash is fitted with a sat nav (a sticker), a pink steering wheel, and lots of plastic mouldings of the usual things you find in a car. I don't want to go into too much detail and spoil the surprise!. The car is plastic throughout so nice and easy to clean if needs be!. Barbie knows how to party hard, so you never know what she will be doing in that car with Ken!. There are 2 seats and have pretty car seat covers on (again stickers with a coloured pattern on) and seatbelts which can be undone near the top of the doors by pulling them and then pushing them back in again once Barbie is sat inside. The doors do not open but the outside is shaped into the plastic so the effect is still there. I know I will be explaining to Hollie quite a lot that the doors don't open and she should stop trying to open them. The wheels are hooked up with some silver rims, Barbie is going rather bling now. The car is more for imagination and letting children experience playing with toys without flashing lights or some mechanism which will make the car work. I have always said since Hollie was born that I wanted her to have the wild imagination I had as a child. There was not a dull moment in my childhood and I want her to be the same and not be sucked into the "playstation" generation that is growing so rapidly. This car can teach your child to play with toys, talk to them and get the interaction with their toys to a much higher level. Although the age for this car and the whole Barbie range is 3 years and over, I trust Hollie to be able to play with it all nicely.

Imagination when playing really gets your child's brain working and seeing them play is a wonderful experience, so I highly suggest buying Barbie products for your children or others as it is a truly wonderful gift to give. I was given hand me down Barbies one christmas as a child, and it was much better receiving this huge box of Barbies from a friend of the family than just one or two brand new! so if you have a daughter or someone you know with an older daughter who has outgrown their toys, it is definitely worth asking them for their old sets!

Like I said earlier on, I bought this in Morrisons for £6 but online it is £10 from kiddicare with £3.95 postage. so if before Christmas you're in a Morrisons store, you should check them out!. I also noticed in Tesco last week, they sell a Barbie doll for £1.97 instore. Whether it was an error or just a bargain!

• kevin121 published 18/12/2011
    ooh she mustn't get up to anything with ken ~ children might be watching :)
  • helen190390 published 18/12/2011
    I have Google Chrome, I think I must have forgotten to proof read! Lots of spelling errors in there! fixed now! :D Thankyou Rosebud 2001
  • helen190390 published 18/12/2011
    I have Google Chrome, I think I must have forgotten to proof read! Lots of spelling errors in there! fixed now! :D Thankyou Rachdwriter