Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara

Review of "Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara"

published 28/01/2012 | daisyleex
Member since : 24/05/2011
Pro Adds volume and length, good quality formula
Cons A little on the expensive side
Ease of Application
Waterproof?
Does it irritate your eyes?

"Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara"

Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara
This mascara is actually the sister product of Max Factor’s false lash effect mascara, which is hugely popular and even won awards. I was a huge fan of the original version of this, however after trying this version (the 'fusion' one) I am in love! It is seriously my new favourite ever mascara, I love it, and you will soon see why. Colour wise, there are two shades to choose from - the usual black and brown. As far as I am aware there is not a waterproof version of this mascara available.

Product Claims
Max Factor says that this mascara has Max Factor's biggest ever volumising brush with a brand new lengthening formula - a match made in heaven! The formula of this mascara is described by Max Factor as being 'innovative' it contains plumping particles and nylon fibres, which are found in real eyelash extensions. Max Factor say that this mascara helps to create volumised, thick lashes, while making them noticeably longer too - to be specific, they state that the mascara makes lashes appear two times thicker and longer than they actually are.

Price, Value For Money & Availability
This mascara is very widely available, i've seen it in Superdrug, Boots supermarkets and it can also be purchased from several websites. Prices vary from £8-£12 depending on where you buy it from which is quite expensive considering this is a drug store brand of mascara rather than an up market brand. I bought my mascara from Boots as they had an (ongoing) 3 for 2 offer on and I paid £11.99, which I think is very expensive for a mascara but considering the quality it is well worth it and it lasts well too - I have had mine since last summer and there's plenty left and the formula is good as new - it's not dried up or flaking at all.

Packaging/Physical Appearence
The mascara comes in quite an eye catching, vibrant purple tube which is noticeably chunky - it's not a thin, long tube, which I like as it stands out from the crowd and I also find it easier to hold as it's not fiddly. The mascara has the product name written on it in elegant silver writing and the lid simply screws off. The mascara wand and brush are attatched to the lid and the wand is very thick. The brush is much bigger than any of my other mascaras however it's not off-puttingly big. It is not curved and it's quite simple in design with lots of short rubber bristles. Each tube contains 13ml of mascara.

My Opinion
Max Factor say that this mascara is ideal for girls who want extreme lashes, which is why it appealed to me - I am a huge fan of false lashes, but lets face it - applying false lashes is too time consuming to do everyday! This mascara seemed ideal to help me achieve big, volumised lashes with little effort, and after reading a few different reviews on various websites I decided to buy it. Max Factor definetly 'big up' the mascara and I was a little concerned that they were all mouth no action, however after trying it for myself, I can say hand on heart that Max Factor are not over exaggurating about how great this mascara is. I love the chunkiness of the design and the big brush is a nice feature. The bristles are precise which avoids clumping and they grip my lashes well, spreading the smooth, clump free formula onto my lashes from root to tip evenly and generously without overdoing it.

After one layer I can see a difference - my lashes look noticeably longer yet still natural, the thickness isn't hugely different but there's a subtle amount of volume added. I usually use one to two layers during the day time and if i'm going out I pile it on! I usually use around 8 to 10 layers if i'm going somewhere special and this is enough to make my lashes look amazing! It adds so much more thickness and length yet some how it still looks reasonably natural rather than over the top. No matter how many layers I apply it doesn't clump or weigh down my eyelids and it looks nice on my lower lashes too - I often have trouble applying mascara onto my lower lashes as it seems to make them curl or clump together, but this mascara's brill.

I love how lightweight and smooth this formula is and it's not got that unpleasant overlly wet feel to it. It doesn't take long to dry and the lasting power is very impressive - I haven't experienced any flaking or smudging on a day to day basis in the few months that I have been using it and it lasts all day while still looking fresh. I also love how versatile it is as it can look natural with one or two coats or big and bold with a few more coats. It does create lovely big lashes, however if you want huge lashes that look obviously fake then this isn't for you - it makes my lashes look big but not fake or over done. It works well with false lashes though and it doesn't dry them out, although i've only worn this with falsies a couple of times and that was only because I wanted a very over the top look.

I have this mascara in black, and it's a very dark, rich shade of black which emphasizes my eyes, which is always a plus side to any mascara! As I mentioned briefly before in my review, there is not a waterproof version of this mascara which is a down side - it means I can't wear it if i'll be outside when it's drizzly or raining and I can't wear it when I go swimming, however this isn't a huge problem as I usually wear this when i'm going somewhere in doors such as shopping, going out for a meal or to a friends house as I think it's the kind of mascara that makes lashes look noticeably bigger and better so it's not worth putting on if i'm just nipping to the corner shop if that makes sense! The couple of times that i've been caught in the rain while wearing this wasn't too much of a disaster and it smudged a little, it didn't run down my cheeks or anything like that! Removing the mascara is simple and it takes 1 or 2 makeup removing wipes to remove it completely.

Advantages
  • Makes a noticeable difference to my lashes after just one coat
  • Adds volume, thickness and length
  • Eye catching tube, unusually large wand and brush which work well
  • Good quality, buildable formula
  • Long lasting
  • Doesn't irritate my eyes

Disadvantages
  • Price - a little expensive for a drug store brand
  • The brush head may be a bit too big for people with stubby lashes
  • No waterproof version available

Overall
This is definetly a good quality product that lives up to the claims and it's currently my favourite mascara which is a big thing considering how many mascaras I own! It's precise and gives a reasonably natural finish despite the length and volume it gives my lashes. It doesn't flake or smudge and stays on throughout the day - even after wearing it all day it looks fresh and it's also quick and easy to remove - 2 makeup removing wipes and it's gone! It doesn't irritate my sensetive eyes and I overall reccomend it.

• 80smusicreviewer published 29/01/2012
    Great review. E.
  • Mildew82 published 28/01/2012
    Excellent review!
  • AnneLorraine1 published 28/01/2012
    excellent review

offers "Max Factor False Lash Effect Fusion Mascara"