Max Factor Lasting Performance

Max Factor Lasting Performance

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "Max Factor Lasting Performance"

published 13/02/2012 | jimmychoogirl
Member since : 31/10/2010
thanks so much for all the reads/rates/comments, I'll always do my best to return! :) x
Pro easy to remove, suits my skin tone
Cons expensive, greasy, dries patchy
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Lasting Performance?"

After running out of my foundation the other day, I made a quick and speedy dash to Boots in order to get a new one. Though, my usual one (Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse) didn't have my shade in stock, so I decided to look around a bit, until I came to the 'Max Factor' make up range.

Max Factor is known as a goos make and is often called the 'make up of make up artists', so deciding it was a brand that I could trust, I decided to choose a foundation from this brand and picked the 'Lasting Performance' one, which claims to be 'long lasting make up'.
It was a liquid foundation, which I don't tend to normally go for, but decided to go for it anyway. I think it cost around £9.

It comes in a tube shape bottle, which to use you squeeze the tube for the foundation to come out, though this does need to be done upside down (lika a conditioner bottle) in order to stop the foundation from clogging.

The shade that I chose was natural beige and to apply, I did find it quite easy, with it being liquid I did find that it did kind of 'glide on'. To apply I used my fingers as it is all I normally use as I just find it easier. The foundaton proved to ber very difficult to blend in, it seemes to sit on top of my skin, rather than coating it evenly and if was particuarly difficult to blend if I had any dry patches on my skin as it seemed to latch onto these and make them seem like orange patches on my face.
I also found that despite it matching my face tone perfectly it did leave a very faint line around the edge of my face and even with my best efforts to try and blend it in, it just didn't want to budge.

I also found that once the foundation had dried in, it had this horrible greasy sheen to it and wasn't a 'matte' look which I would have normally gone for. Also, over time the period of a day wearing it I noticed that the foundation was becoming increasingly uneven with some patches on my face looking more orange and others looking as if I had not applied foundation there.

One advantage to this was that it was very easy to remove and did not take much scrubbing or rubbing, however, this may be due to the fact that there wasn't much foundation to remove!

Overall, I was very dissapointed with this foundation, especially as it is from such a well recognised brand and is an item that I will not be buying again.

offers "Max Factor Lasting Performance"