Max Factor Lasting Performance

Max Factor Lasting Performance

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "Max Factor Lasting Performance"

published 13/09/2013 | sparkleychel
Member since : 07/02/2012
Pro Great coverage
Cons Not with a sponge
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Max has put the X in Max Factor"

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation

I first became aware of this new at the time foundation when Boots were doing an offer , they were giving away red make-up bags filled with samples of Max Factor products and in there was a 15 ml sized tube of this Lasting Performance foundation in the shade Natural Beige . I was lucky enough to receive 2 of the bags at the time .
Since trying the foundation I have now purchased the full sized product at a cost of £10 from Boots.

The Foundation

The foundation comes in a flat shaped tube and contains 35 ml . The lid is removable and there is a nice pointy spout for the foundation to come out of . The tube is easy to squeeze and its easy to control the amount coming out so not to waste any .
The foundation is guaranteed to give you 8 hours of stay put perfection, you complexion will look and feel fresher for longer. Specially designed, for light weight silicones and a hard wearing touch proof system stand up to any amount of running or touching and, unlike other oil based formulas, it doesn't clog up your pores or irritate sensitive skin.
The foundation is available in 6 shades , Natural Beige, Honey Beige, Pastelle, Fair, Natural Bronze and Soft Beige.

In Use

When I first tried this foundation I didn't like it. I was initially using it with a sponge and felt it wasn't spreading as well as it could of . It felt like it was drying very quickly as it touched the skin , so was hard to blend it without using more than necessary and leaving tide marks on your skin .
I tried a few times with the sponge and finally gave up on the 1st tube.
The 2nd tube I received was rattling around at the bottom of a drawer until I bought a foundation brush and though i'd try it out again .

Wow ! is all I can say what a difference the brush made to the application of the foundation .
With the brush the foundation glides on the skin rather than having the feeling of rubbing it in with the sponge.
You hardly need any foundation for a full coverage as it blends so well ,I use a 1 cm line of foundation on the brush for each cheek, and a small dot for my nose. I add the extra as I have a small birth mark on the side of my nose, most foundations give about a 50% coverage on it , with this one it's much better, 75 % is covered and it's a lot less noticeable.
When applying its almost as if the foundation sits on top of your skin where you have brushed it on , but at the same time its doesn't feel heavy on your skin and I haven't noticed any of it rubbing off either .
It hasn't caused any blocked pores or any irritation to my skin either.

Does It Work

As Churchill would say Oh yes, yes, yes . It certainly does , they give you the promise of 8 hours and it lives up to the name and more . On an average day I apply my make-up at 8 am and remove between 8-9 pm . I use a wipe to remove my make-up and at the moment I am using some Nivea ones . I was absolutely amazed at how much of the foundation was still there after 12 hours . The wipe is literally covered in foundation when I have finished removing my make-up, it looks like I remove more than I apply !

Thoughts

After initially hating the foundation I now love it and wouldn't part with it, and it's all down to using the foundation brush with it .
The 1st sample tube I had, most of it went in the bin , but the 2nd tube that I used with the brush lasted ages, at least 4-5 months , so I am expecting the full sized product to last a good 10 months which for the price of around £10 is amazing value .
The coverage is excellent and so is the lasting power , I am so glad I gave it another chance .
Ditch the sponge, get a brush and you won't look back.

5 out of 5
Summary: It's All In The Application

• wazza115 published 25/04/2014
    Good review
  • frofrog published 14/09/2013
    Nice product.

offers "Max Factor Lasting Performance"