Max Factor Lasting Performance

Max Factor Lasting Performance

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "Max Factor Lasting Performance"

published 13/09/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro provides good coverage, good length of coverage, blends easily
Cons doesn't cover large blemishes completely
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"A Foundation I Have Been Impressed With."

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation

= = =
About
= = =
When it comes to Foundation I normally always stick to the same brand but occasionally I like trying out different brands to see what they are like and to see if they are better than the current brand that I am using. I never have any real reason to change the brand of foundation I use, other than the fact that I love trying out new make-up and cosmetics products. This particular foundation us one of Max Factor’s best sellers, so it has to be pretty good. I did look up this product before purchasing it and the reviews about the product were all very positive, so when popping into my local Boots store the other week and noticing that this was on offer, I thought I would give it a go to see what it was like. I also like the fact that this foundation is guaranteed to have 8hrs of stay put perfection and stands up to any amount of running or touching. Most foundation does eventually wear off and this can cause it to look patchy and uneven. If this foundation lived up to its claims of being long lasting and smudge resistant then this foundation really would impress me.

= = = = =
Packaging
= = = = =
I believe the packaging to this foundation has changed recently as I have this foundation in a slightly different packaging now to what I did have. The foundation comes in a tube which is quite flat but tall. The tube stands on its black lid, which unscrews completely from the tube. On the front of the tube it has the brand and the name of the foundation (‘Lasting Performance’). It also states on the front that the foundation is Touch-Proof. The name and number of the shade can be found on the front of the packaging. On the back of the packaging it tells you a little about the foundation and it also lists the ingredients. When unscrewing the lid, this reveal a small nozzle in which the foundation dispenses out of.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
The foundation comes in a total of 8 different shades (Fair, Pastelle, Soft Beige, Natural Beige, Honey Beige and Natural Bronze). Then foundation is normally priced at around £9.99 which is for a 35ml tube of the foundation.

= = = = = = = = = =
Using the Foundation
= = = = = = = = = =
For full coverage, they suggest applying the product with your fingertips; how-ever for medium coverage they suggest applying the product with a damp sponge. I always moisturise my skin and apply a primer, before applying any foundation. I very rarely apply foundation straight to my skin without prepping it first. I purchased the Fair shade as I am quite pale; how-ever this shade ended up being a little too pale for me so I then went and purchase the Pastelle shade which was more suited to me as it wasn’t as pale as the Fair, but at the same time it wasn’t too dark for my skin either. I apply this foundation using a damp sponge for medium coverage. The foundation has a good consistency without it being too thick or too runny; although having said that the ‘Fair’ shade I purchased was quite runny, where I think it had been sitting under the warm lights in the make-up counter for quite a while but the consistency of the ‘Pastelle’ shade was perfect. I didn’t personally notice any smell to the foundation when applying it. I found that the foundation was easy to apply to my skin and it was also easy to blend as well. The Pastelle shade was perfect for my skin tone and didn’t make me look too pale or orange. I found that a little of this foundation goes a long way so I only applied a little at a time. Some people have said that this foundation stings a little when applying it but I didn’t experience any stinging at all and I have quite sensitive skin.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
After applying the foundation, I have to say that I was impressed with the finish and the results that the foundation gave. My skin looked great and the foundation did a great job at covering up some light blemishes that I had, despite not applying concealer before the foundation. For larger or redder blemishes, it was necessary to apply a little concealer to hide them a little more. The foundation made my skin appear smooth and it also gave my skin a flawless finish as well, which made me feel really confident. The foundation didn’t feel heavy on my skin at all, which was good. I have a few enlarged pores on my chin and nose and I found that he foundation didn’t appear to make these too obvious and the foundation didn’t seem to sink into those pores either which was good as some foundation I have used in the past has made the pores in these areas look worse than what they are. I did apply a little bronzer and some pressed powder to complete the look. The first time I applied the foundation it was late morning and me and my boyfriend headed down to the local pub for some lunch. Despite it being a hot day, the foundation stayed on very well throughout the day and into the evening as well. At no point at all during the day did I find the foundation becoming patchy or wearing off and I didn’t need re-apply it during the day either. Late evening when I took all of my make-up off I was surprised to see how much foundation was on the facial wipe when removing my make-up which showed me that the foundation really does last as normally there’s very little foundation to remove by the end of the day. I have used this foundation a few times and have been impressed and pleased with the results every-time. I haven’t come across any real issue with the product and my skin hasn’t reacted with the foundation at all either, causing irritation or any breakouts.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
Overall, I have to admit that I have been impressed with this foundation. With foundation, it can always be a bit hit and miss but I feel as though this particular foundation does what it claims, which is to provide long lasting coverage that is smudge proof. When taking off my top when I had the foundation on, I didn’t find any foundation marks on the top which is unusual as quite often as the top goes over my head it will rub against my face causing those annoying foundation marks on your clothing. I found the foundation easy to apply using a damp sponge and I found that it gave me medium coverage which is the coverage I always looked for in a foundation as I don’t need anything too heavy as my skin is reasonably good apart from the odd blemish here and there. I normally use a foundation brush to apply foundation but I don’t feel the need to with this particular foundation. I found that the foundation gave fantastic coverage; although you do sometimes need to use concealer for noticeable blemishes as this foundation doesn’t always cover up blemishes very well. This foundation felt light-weight on my skin and it definitely lasted all day without becoming patchy or wearing off. Although this is one of Max Factor’s best sellers, it’s a shame that the foundation doesn’t come in more shades like some of their other foundations. In terms of value, I think the product is very reasonable, especially as I used to sometimes spend £23 on a foundation, which I don’t think is as good as this one. I am going to continue using this foundation and it’s one that I am also going to be recommending to others.

= = = = = =
Ingredients
= = = = = =
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Talc, Propylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, PVP, Laureth-7, Methicone, Trihydroxystearin, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Paraffin, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Hexyl Laurate, Silica, Stearic Acid, Ethylene/Methacrylate Copolymer, Synthetic Wax, Microcristallina Cera, Polyethylene, Aluminum Hydroxide, IsopropyI Titanium Triisostearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylene Brassylate,

• mousy86 published 17/09/2017
    great review x
  • LiveMusicLoverLyn published 16/09/2017
    V good
  • euphie published 15/09/2017
    e :o)

offers "Max Factor Lasting Performance"