Maxi Micro Scooter

Maxi Micro Scooter

Scooter

Review of "Maxi Micro Scooter"

published 28/02/2012 | milkymum
Member since : 08/11/2011
Good
Pro Durable.
Cons Very expensive.
Wear and Tear
Age Group

"Good scooter but nowhere near worth the price."

I bought this scooter for my 9 year old daughter after her old one broke (it was a rather cheap one). I had already bought my 3 year old the excellent Mini Micro Scooter, so I decided to spend the extra for a good one for my 9 year old too.

It was delivered within days, which we were very pleased about. It is very easy to assebmble, comes as 2 parts and you just click the T-bar into the base and it is ready. This makes for easy storage too. It is for ages 6 - 12 and the T-bar can be easily adjusted to be comfortable for the the child's height. It has 3 wheels, which my daughter likes, as she never really got used to having to balance on her old 2 wheel scooter. The 3 wheels allow her go to much faster. The front wheels turn inward slightly when in motion, and this makes it go slightly slower on hilly and slanted areas, which, make it a lot safer. There is a break at the back which the child needs to step on to stop. My daughter finds it a little hard to put her foot there while she is moving, and it has a sharp end and she has scratched herself on it sometimes.

The scooter is very light, which makes it easy to carry if I need to. However it has the disadvantage of being easy to knock over when inside, so it needs to be kept out of the way.

I particularly like that on the Micro Scooters website, you can buy spare parts for the scooter, so if one part gets broken, it can be easily fixed, without having to replace the whole scooter. Another aspect I like is how there is minimal packaging, just the box, and no extra unneccasary plastic or styrofoam that usually ends up straight in the bin.

The scooter does seem very durable. However, as I bought it as I liked the Mini Micro Scooter so much. But was disapointed that it wasn't quite as good. I think the Mini Micro probably worked so well as it was quite small, and it may not be so easy to make with a larger version. If it only cost a little bit more than the Mini Micro, it may have been worth it. But at £92, I was dissapointed. I do feel that she has a good scooter for a long while yet, so I am not overly upset, but I would only reccomend this if money were no object.

• xmum2fourx published 28/02/2012
    Wow what a price xx
  • mum2boys82 published 28/02/2012
    Wow, that's out of my price range! Rebecca Xx

offers "Maxi Micro Scooter"