Review of "Maybelline Affinitone Foundation"

published 25/11/2013 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Good
Pro cheap
Cons not great coverage
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"The Bottom layer"

I like cream foundation as I can just put a small amount on my finger tips and then smooth over my face. I like to buy new products and try out innovative things on the beauty market. This was for sale in Boots and although it has been out for a while it is a relatively new product to me.

Price and availability

This is a cheap, cheap, cheap product at £4.49 however it is on offer for half price at the minute. It could be time to stock up if you like it but I personally do not find it that brilliant.

Description

The product comes in a 30ml tube and it comes in a variety of shades. It seems like Maybelline are trying to create a BB cream that is mixed with a foundation. The colour has a slight shimmer to it in the tube but on the skin it just all blends into one. The colour I have is Golden Beige. This is not orange or anything and the colour is actually quite pleasant. The colour is slightly lighter than the colour of the actual cream which is something worth noting but it is better than being too dark.

My experiences

I find this to be ok but I suffer from uneven skin tone and this just does not give me the matt platform I am looking for. It goes on nicely, its smooth and it is easy to blend in and apply however it seems to be absorbed very quickly. I am not overly impressed with this and I have to use it in conjunction to my powder. It is not a good replacement for a BB cream either as it does not do the whole ‘light reflecting’ thing that you would expect. I think the advantages of this are that it is cheap and if you are looking for a quick replacement that is of a decent shade then you will find that this is an excellent product for a short term fix. I was just expecting a little bit more however.

Overall

I think the packaging, the ease of application and the colour are big plus points but it is let down in terms of longevity. The product does not last long on my skin and it seems to be soaking quickly into my skin. I find that I apply this with my finger tips and rub it over my skin, blending into my skin and then I need to apply powder on the top. This means that it takes longer to get ready and not really what I expected. But... what can you expect for £2.

• Coloneljohn published 30/11/2013