Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss

Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss

Lip Make-up - Lip Balm

Review of "Maybelline Baby Lips Peach Kiss"

published 14/07/2015 | jimmychoogirl
Member since : 31/10/2010
thanks so much for all the reads/rates/comments, I'll always do my best to return! :) x
Pro Affordable, widely available, lovely colour, gloss finish
Cons Doesn't soothe or long term care for lips
Absorbency
Price
Gloss?
Frequency of Reapplication

"Baby Lips!"

I had been wanting to try out the Maybelline 'Baby Lips' for a while, a lip balm that was very big in America and had not yet been release in the UK and although I could have purchased it online I did not really want to pay the upmarked price or the postage costs for an item that wasn't really a necessity. Therefore when they were introduced into the UK just over a year ago, I have tried four of the different 'flavours' from the range now and have to say that this one being 'Peach Kiss' is by far my favourite.

~~Price and Availability~~

These lip balms are very affordable costing just £2.99 each and can often be found on offers such as 2 for £5, 3 for 2, etc. They are currently (as of 14/07/15) in and offer at Boots; which I believe to run across the entire Maybelline line of buy one item and get another half price.

Alike all Maybelline products these lip balms are very widely available. They can be found in the likes of Boots, Superdrug, Sainsburys, Tesco (all large supermarkets) as well as many online retailers. There are six different variations available in the original Baby lips range them being; Cherry Me, Peach Kiss, Hydrate, Intensive, Pink Punch and Mint Fresh. Some of these lip balms are tinted and some of them are 'plain'. Peach Kiss is one of the tinted ones.

One thing to point out is that on all the sides of the tubes it says for 'adult use only', I'm not too sure as to why this is as there aren't any extremely small parts and neither are there any ingredients which strike out to be any different to any other lip balms; my 7 and 9 year old cousins both own a few of these lip balms each and it has not caused any irritation to them and they both love them!

~~Applying the Lip Balm~~

The first thing that I noticed about the this lip balm when I opened it was that of the scent, it is not at all overpowering, but is definitely noticeable. It does smell of peaches to some extent, but I find it to be more of a synthetic peach smell to that of a fresh, natural one. Nonetheless, I really like the smell, it is light and sweet and is just enough for an everyday lip balm. The scent does wear of quite quickly once applied, so even if you are not a fan of the smell it is not one that lingers at all.

In the tube the lip balm looks a dark nude peach colour with ever so slight glitter/ shimmer in it. To apply I simply took of the lid and turned the base of the lip balm a little in order to get easier access to the balm. The first thing that I noticed when actually applying the lip balm was how incredibly smooth and silky it felt. It was as if it it was melting on me the minute it came into contact with my lips it was that smooth. Despite this it did not feel at as sticky of thick on the lips and was in fact quite the opposite as it felt very lightweight. I found that when just one coat was applied the colour was a very sheer, barely there nude colour, which I actually really liked if I just wanted a wash of colour over my lips. Nonetheless the colour could easily be built up to a slightly more pigmented shade when applying more coats and even when doing this I was pleased to find it still felt incredibly lightweight and non sticky.

~~Results~~

I really love the way that this lip balm looks on my lips. The colour is not at all over powering and at first I had thought it looked a little too dark for me in the tube, but once applied it is a much softer, peachy shade. It actually reminds me a little of 'Shy Girl' by MAC but in a ill balm form. I like the fact that the colour can be worn both sheer or built up a little so the colour becomes a little more prominent. I have also worn this both under or over lipsticks and find that due to this being a very 'nude' like shade it works really well, especially when applied over baby pinks as it gives them a slightly more mature look.

The finish of this is very much gloss like and the slight shimmer/glitter in this really adds to them and gives your lips a slightly more plumped look. I particularly like the fact that the glitter is so fine it doesn't actually look like I have a glittery lip balm on my lips and neither can I feel the grains of glitter on my lips.

This lip balm also feels incredibly soft and light weight to wear; therefore is incredibly comfortable on the lips. I feel that my lips feel plump and moisturised when wearing this lip balm, though feel like it doesn't really do anything in the long term for the care of my lips. I definitely do not see this lip back soothing cracked lips and neither to I see it providing intense hydration to dry lips, nonetheless it is a lovely 'quick fix' on the go product for when you want a bit of immediate hydration and softness.

This is a product that I find I need to reapply throughout the day, that being said I do find this with almost every lip balm I have tried. I find it lasts a good couple of hours on the lips before they begin to feel like I need to apply more. Due to it being tinted I do find that once it has worn off my lips it leaves an ever so, ever so slightly peachy stain to my lips, which I actually really like!

~~Overall~~

Overall I really love this balm! As previously mentioned this is my favourite from the range, that being said I do love them all and think it is mainly due to the fact that's prefer both the scent and colour of this one. It provides good short term relief from moderately dry lips, whilst leaving them looking healthy with a soft peach tint and gloss finish. The packaging is one of those click too lids and I have never found that it has popped open or become loose, despite the fact I just throw this ill balm into the bottom of my bag on most days!

The packaging is slightly young with it being purple with peach bubble writing on it, though I do find that even this doesn't bother me! I actually find it to be quite fun and unique compared to other lip balms on the market as they can all look a bit 'samey'. I also find that due to the purple colour I find it much easier to spot in the bottom of my bag!

I would definitely recommend this lip balm and it gets five stars from me as I am honestly finding it hard to fault it. It would not be ideal for the soothing of extremely dry lips, then again I do not think it was designed for this, so if you are on the lookout for a fun, affordable lip balm that leaves your lips feeling both soft and with a lovely sheen of colour then this could just be the one for you!

• beautybuff published 16/08/2015