Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation"

published 23/04/2006 | vanessa123
Member since : 04/08/2005
Pro too many to mention here
Cons it rubs off and it aint waterproof! sadly : (

"I WASNT BORN WITH IT! Its Maybelline."

***********************
****INFORMATIVE****
************************

I do have to say that I am not a person with a great deal of patience, that's probably why my reviews tend to be so short. But I do have to say that I admire those who spend lots of time doing research and planning a long well done review. But I think that on the other hand, I really like a short quick and opinionated review, because that's what really matters in the end isn't it? As long as it is informative and tells you what you really need to know. And what I really want to know about a product is weather or not a person likes the product or not, I want to know all the bad things about that product as well as the good. The things that made them want to buy it and maybe even why they will never buy it again. But what is important is that it is informative.

*****************************
****MY PROBLEM SKIN****
*****************************

Now you see, when it comes to foundations and concealers I find that I have to be very careful with what I buy, and being black I always have trouble finding the right make up for my skin type, because not only am I black I have really bad skin. My skin has been badly scared with acne since aged 11 and a struggle to cover up blemishes is a never ending trouble for me.

**************************
****SHELF RAIDER****
**************************

I think that I have tried everything that I have ever heard of, to try and treat the acne including aqueous creams which literally just burnt and ruined my skin in the long term not realising that it would leave me with multiple scaring and an uneven skin tone. So I guess since then I have only been doing more damage than I am good. So I stopped ruining my skin and decided to live with the horrible lumps and bumps that always appear by the hour and leave scars that are worst than the bumps to start with. So I set out in search of a really good foundation to cover the scars.

*************************************************************
****MAYBELLINE CATERS TO EVRYBODY'S NEEDS****
*************************************************************

Now I have tried every foundation and concealer that is on the high street that I can actually afford and I can say that I haven't used anything yet that I think is 100%. The closest thing to it is the Maybelline Dream Mouse with no exceptions what so ever. I have tried the body shop concieler and that was the best one before I met Maybelline, until I found that they stopped selling my colour in every outlet I could find and travel to. I was so disappointed at the fact the body shop has no colour foundation or concealer available to match my skin colour, and I am not an exceptionally dark skinned person. The best thing I thought about Maybelline was that WOW they actually had my colour where as a lot of makeup brand names never have my colour.

****************************************************
****BETTER THAN THE EXPENSIVE STUFF****
****************************************************

I have even tried to get the self blend, where some make up artists have designed a pallet where they mix foundations and concielers to the exact colour of your base skin tone, which I thought was great. But when I got it, it was so expensive and I ended up spending over £16 for a little bottle no more then half the size of my little finger, yes it was the right colour but it was a really bad foundation as its consistency was like water and gave me no coverage what so ever, and exactly the same problem with their concealers as they were all liquid and gave me no coverage which is what I really needed in the first place, now, Maybelline gave me the coverage that I needed in one simple application and I couldn't see the scars past it at all, I was surprised because it was a foundation as well and not a concealer.

****INEXPENSIVE****
************************

What I liked about Maybelline was the fact that its retail price was only £5.99 in Superdrug stores, as well as the fact that they have it in every kind of colour skin tone imaginable and the differences between the colour gradients is not ridiculous and goes from one shade to the complete extreme. They have noticed that everybody has different skin tones even different by the tiniest degree and I think that that is a very valuable thing that makes Maybelline a very idealist and individual foundation, that's why I was so excited when I first tried it, that I bought 2, and then gave one to my mum, and that hardly ever happens .lol.
**************************************
****STILL RUBS OFF THOUGH****
**************************************

Now, the thing that I really hated about all of my other makeup was the fact that whenever I saw my friends and went to give them a kiss on the cheek they would end up with a nasty big patch of brown foundation on their cheek, lol, I guess that Maybelline cant be 100% because it still does happen , now I just avoid kissing friends who have really fair skin, and now if I do kiss them its not so much as a nasty mark, now its more like a light tan .lol. I guess even the little things help. But you don't ever want to be caught crying with the Maybelline make up on, because your left with these horrible light streaks on your face. But then again there isn't that many foundations that are super waterproof unless they are greasy, and that blocks the pores and that's no good is it? That's another thing that gets me about Maybelline, its so lightweight and so not a greasy consistency that it doesn't block the pores, which gives your skin a chance to breath and with me and my acne it's a miracle.

****GREAT COVERAGE****
******************************

The thing I like most about this foundation though, is the texture. At first I was a little surprised and unsure but having that mousse like consistency is really a dream come true, I like the fact that it goes on to the skin and turns into this lovely matt look on the skin and I really think that the smooth texture gives you a nice smooth complexion. Especially me, when I have really badly scared skin, it really gives me the coverage that I need and leaves my skin looking smooth and even, and now seeing my face is not so much of a problem because you can see past the bad skin lol, and now I can actually say that I have gained the confidence I needed to boost my personality.

*************************
****LIGHT WEIGHT****
*************************

The light weight consistency is a phenomenon that makes you feel like your not even wearing foundation which gives you the confidence to shine with real natural beauty, I know it sounds cliché but this formula is truly amazing and has the ability to blend so well is just fantastic.

***************************************
****SWEAT RESISTANT. WOW!!!****
***************************************

The texture has never bothered me, in-fact I really love it, because with other foundations they seem to literally be running down your face at the end of a warm and busy day and then you just end up looking sweaty and ill. But with the Maybelline, when I put it on once, it will last throughout a normal day, and yes obviously sometimes it may rub off slightly but I can actually reapply a small amount over the foundation I have on already and it looks as good as new.

****KEEP YOU POSTED****
******************************

Wow, I love it, it's the best foundation I have found yet, and until I find out that they stop selling my colour or they change the great formula then I will continue in a search for another great foundation that I will definitely keep you guys posted about.

*****************************************************************
****RECOMMENDED TO EVERY BODY, EVERY WHERE****
*****************************************************************
I would recommend this to anybody, weather you have problem skin, normal skin, or uneven skin this product is the most versatile and truthful product you will probably come across, because it does everything it says on the tin! And more!

************************************
****EYESHADOW AVAILABLE****
************************************
Now they have just brought out a Maybelline Dream Mousse eye shadow, im so exited to use that one!

• wangxiaoyu published 03/07/2009
    Read this article, a lot of comments, how to say, I rarely used in cosmetics, feel good read this article, after the choice of cosmetics to meet their own needs.
  • annaonymous published 01/07/2009
    This is a really good review! I had Dream Matte Mousse for a while but used different foundations since then, I might just have to get that one again!
  • ring_of_roses published 13/11/2007
    a foundation for coloured skin! at last great review, easy to read ror x

offers "Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation"