Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation"

published 22/11/2012 | aclevername
Member since : 22/04/2012
No rates needed.
Pro smooth even flawless coverage, easy to apply, easy access to product - none gets left in the pot
Cons can go cakey on dry skin
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Maybelline dream matte mousse"

I first tried Maybelline's dream matte mousse when it first came out and have since bought a few pots.

~ Price and availability ~
Maybelline dream matte mousse is available in Superdrug, Boots and larger Tesco stores as well as online at www.feelunique.com, www.amazon.co.uk etc.
It is currently available on www.feelunique.com for £7.65, which is around its usual retail price.

~ Packaging ~
Maybelline matte mousse comes in a small round pot. It is almost 2 inches wide and it is made from thick clear glass.
The lid of the pot is made from plastic and is the same colour as the shade of foundation that you have chosen. I chose to buy this in ivory.
The lid has a sticker on top with Maybelline dream matte mousse on and the name of the shade that you have chosen. It also says, 'matte-perfect mousse foundation'
The lid screws off easily to reveal the mousse.
I like the pot that it comes in. It looks nice and because you have access to its insides none of the product goes to waste like squeezy tube foundations where there is always a little bit left.

~ The product ~
The mousse itself is a light consistency and its colour transfers onto your skin very easily. I usually use my fingers to apply this foundation as I would find it difficult to apply with a brush.
Maybelline recommend that you use your fingers. Their directions, 'apply smoothly and evenly to your face and blend with your fingertips'.
It rubs into your skin to create a smooth matte flawless finish. It is not drying even though it gives a matte finish.
I tend to get dry skin on my nose and forehead and I find that this foundation can look a bit cakey on these areas so I try not to lay it on too thick.
I find that you don't need to use much of the product to cover your face. The foundation is long lasting and will last you from morning until night without the need for topping up or reapplication.
The pot contains 18ml of product and I find that each pot lasts me around nine months, but to be fair I do alternate my foundations so I don't wear this one all of the time.
It is available in 15 different shades.

~ Overall ~
Overall, I think that this is a really good foundation. It creates a smooth matte flawless look and it is quick and easy to apply.
Although it can be a bit cakey on dry skin, it is likely that you will find this with most thicker foundations.
It is not badly priced, although you don't get a lot in each pot.
I would definitely buy another Maybelline matte mousse in the future and would recommend it to those thinking of giving it a go.

• lisalou2020 published 17/11/2014
    Good review.
  • Dentolux published 24/11/2012
    Brill review.

offers "Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation"