Maybelline XXL Volume Length Microfiber Mascara

Maybelline XXL Volume Length Microfiber Mascara

Review of "Maybelline XXL Volume Length Microfiber Mascara"

published 16/12/2004 | rg104
Member since : 25/10/2003
Pro Longer lashes, hardly any clumps
Cons Quite pricy when not on special offer

"Lashings of Lashes!"

Having missed out on the Bourjois Coup de Theatre craze first time around, I finally succumbed to the adverts on television and the great introductory price of the Maybelline XXL mascara.

I've used Maybelline mascaras before, and I've always been really impressed - they last longer than cheaper brands like Rimmel or Collection 2000, but they do a really great job for the price. I was quite optimistic about this one.

After a small moment of inner turmoil over which colour to choose, Extra Brown or Extra Black, I plumped for Extra Black from Boots for £5.99 (RRP £7.99), and took it home, excited to have something new to play with!

I tried it as soon as I could! The instructions say to sweep the white end through first to add length, and follow immediately with the black end which brings the volume to the party.

As the white went on, I IMMEDIATELY saw a massive increase in the length of my lashes - I was actually shocked! I have medium length lashes normally which look much shorter due to the fact that the ends are blonde, but the I must've seen an increase of at least a few millimetres!

On I went to add the black. Although I couldn't see a massive difference with the volume, the length was FABULOUS, and there was no clumping or spidering! I would reccommend that you wipe the excess mascara back into the tube before you apply to limit any clumping that might happen. Each lash was coated evenly with colour, and the end effect is the perfect balance between a normal mascara and false eyelashes! My boyfriend noticed straight away, and said that my lashes looked amazing!

The consistency is not too thin and not too thick, and the wear stayed strong all day, even with a little rain in the atmosphere. The only time I found a little seepage was after an incident with a particularly sharp onion - this mascara doesn't state that it is waterproof, but even when I had tears running down my cheeks and I was rubbing my eyes, there was little difference.

A normal eye make up remover manages to remove all trace of this product, so you don't need to use anything oily or damaging to your fragile eye area. All in all, Maybelline XXL Mascara does exactly what it says on the tube! I recommend this product to everyone looking for a boost with the length, but if you're looking for a helping hand with volume you're best off sticking to the eyelash curlers.

• Katie2803 published 21/12/2004
    Sounds like a good mascara, I'll pick it up in Boots. Katie
  • aznchick published 18/12/2004
    Sounds like something i could do with. Im using one by l'oreal at the mo its good but expensive. Jo x
  • supersexycoolchick published 17/12/2004
    i've used similar products before but am not a big fan - xara