McDavid ReSkin Feet Patch

McDavid ReSkin Feet Patch

Review of "McDavid ReSkin Feet Patch"

published 06/03/2012 | sorehead
Member since : 30/04/2011
Pro So much better than a plaster, hardwearing and reliable
Cons Nothing at all
Effectiveness

"Feels Flimsy but it's So Strong"

As regular readers of my reviews will be aware, I am on a mission to get fit after the excess of the New Year and after a mild health scare towards the end of last year. Consequently, I have taken up a martial art and twice weekly skipping classes at my local community centre alongside my dear other half. As the martial art class is conducted barefoot on parquet flooring, it inevitable yhas resulted in my (and my wife) acquiring a lot of blisters on the base of our feet. Likewise with the skipping classes. We have to wear trainers for this spot, and the constant pressure of skipping has resulted in some pretty horrendous looking blisters on the backs of both of our feet. I already suffer from a multitude of foot problems, so I don’t need anything else.

A friend at work recommended the ReSkin Allround Patch by McDavid. I hadn’t heard of it before then but since he recommended it, I have been out and bought one for only a fiver and I have to say it has been a great blessing. My feet feel a whole lot better. I buy these in patches of five as my other half uses them too, but you can purchase them singly for the first time you use them, if you are unsure about how they are going to work for you.

This is basically a skin patch, which is primarily intended for the feet (but can in fact, be worn anywhere on the body where there is a risk of friction / blisters forming). To touch it you will notice immediately it feels very light, but once you have used it you will see that it is incredibly hardwearing and very protective at reducing friction and this the formation of blisters.

I use them at the back of the heel when I skip and on the base of my foot (and the side) when I am undergoing a martial arts class. It is fully breathable and I have washed it many times and then reused it without any problems whatsoever.

Unlike normal plasters, this protective seal is brilliant and long lasting and does not get worn away, worn down or soggy. It is made to last. It contains a medical grade polymer gel which is self adhesive and it really doesn’t move once it is in place, no matter how strenuous the class has been.

For use anywhere on your body to protect against blisters, friction and chafing of the skin. This cutting edge product is ideal for sports use and is washable and reusable.
Overall, I really cannot fault this product. It is far superior to having to use a plaster and I think that for the price it is certainly well worth the money as far as we are both concerned.

Top product and highly recommended.

• Coloneljohn published 17/03/2012
    I could use some of these. Nice one. John
  • mrufo published 09/03/2012
    Good luck on getting fit...Paul

Product Information : McDavid ReSkin Feet Patch

Protect the feet against friction. Pain due to friction or light burns is a phenomena that is very common among walkers and active sports people. ReSkin is the latest innovation that solves these problems. The ReSkin Feet Patch has a specific form to protect the feet and is successfully tested by professionals. It is breathable and can be washed and re-used. It can be easily be used on the heel, either side of the foot or on the sole. Patch size: Width - 14.5cm, max length: 8cm Tips: Use cling film as a replacement backing when re-using. Do not use at the same time as chemicals that can disintegrate silicone. Some surplus silicone may rub off when starting to use.

Long Name: ReSkin Feet Patch