emu128 4

emu128

Member since:18.01.2001

MCDONALDS WINS OVER BURGER KING ANYDAY

07.04.2001

Advantages:
Good selection of maccyD food

Disadvantages:
too popular

13 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. aestro
  2. voyagerdude220
  3. BabyGirl
  1. flupen

The competition there is these days for being the better food chain is quite ridiculous. The 2 real main competitors in the food battle of business have mainly been MCDONALDS and BURGER KING, 2 High Street stores, both well known and very popular yet biggest retailing enemys. Which one has the most trade!? Which company earns the most!? Which sells the better food!? These are all questions and points people discuss each day, whether with our mates in town or our family at home.

If you asked me my opinion which I'm writing at this presise moment in time, the answer would be that MCDONALDS is the better food chain. Why?! Well I'll answer my 3 previous questions that I mentioned earlier~

Which company has the most trade!? I'd say MCDONALDS, both companys are popular but in my home town, MCDONALDS out-votes BURGER KING. With 3 different branches of MCDONALDS, 1 in town and 2 either side of town with drive-thru's the selection is quite varied, this makes the tiny single branch of BURGER KING down the High Street look quite small for size! The selection therefore is quite limited. The meals in all 3 MCDONALDS branches are great, good meals at good prices, new meals are regular unlike the same old boring taste of BURGER KING.

Which company earns the most!? Well as I'm not really into financial dificulties and situations, I think I'll talk about this point rather briefly and in my own style! Well, all prices in the stores are pretty simalar, you'll pay around 69p for a plain burger in MCDONALDS and 79p for a cheeseburger. In BURGER KING the prices are pretty simalar, though I seem to remember a little dearer. So if MCDONALDS is cheaper and BURGER KING more exspensive does the popularity turn things back around again? Seeing as in my home town of Colchester MCDONALDS is more popular then BURGER KING surely the amount of customers must make up from loss of money and therefore overtake BURGER KING in trade.

Which sells the better food!? This point is a personal matter and each individual will surely have a different answer, some like MCDONALDS and others BURGER KING. I can safely say I've bought food in both of the shops but overall have to say MCDONALDS is the better. Don't get me wrong BURGER KING food is everything that it needs to be, tasty, yummy and filling and the drinks are good too. Though I find the food selection in MCDONALDS and value of money for meals is great and much better than BURGER KING. The food tastes lovely and is so popular. (We usually have to wait for seats in our MCDONALDS in town on a Saturday!) BURGER KING is again popular, but not as much, the food isn't as varied and not advertised as much as MCDONALDS. They also don't advertise and do many offers at all.

Other points on the food restaurants~

1. MCDOALDS branches have brilliant layouts and designs for the restuarant. Good colour schemes and a warm and welcoming place to eat and drink as well as relax! The sections for the children are also brilliant, air conditioning in most branches too! I've veven visited a spaceship MCDONALDS along a moterway once when I stopped off, it's the shape of a UFO and features the theme inside and out! BURGER KING isn't as warm and welcoming, the seats are usually pretty uncomfortable and the menu's outside always look so old!

2. The staff at all MCDONALDS branches that I've visited have always ben really kind to me and have always exchanged something for me if needed, unlike BURGER KING where an argument broke out between the branch manager and my mum! There always there to help in MCDONALDS and always tidy up after you if you don't.

FINAL CONCLUSION

Coming to the grand finalli of my opinion, I have to say MCDONALDS wins in my books, other may OR may not agree with me, let me know what you think, leave me a comment or email me at emthegem2001@hotmail.com. The whole layout of MCDONALDS branches, the staff friendliness, hygiene and food and drink tops BURGER KING, a little more work and effort put in and the competition could get hot! More advertising, more offers and a greater selction of food will start the battle off again of the best food reastaurant! Come on BURGER KING get with it!

Hope I've put across a point here guys, what do you think!? Do you even like MCDONALDS or BURGER KING!? Have your say too, thanks for reading ~Em~

aestro 14.11.2006 16:23

Im a burger king girl anyday, but i can see where you are coming from. Good review. x x x

voyagerdude220 15.10.2005 11:53

Great review! I must agree with you on the amount of Mc Donalds to Buger Kings in Blackburn, as well. I live on the outskirts of Blackburn, and there's one convenient drive-thru 5-10 mins away from me, with another 2 around the town centre. Burger King though- there's only one, small drive-thru in the centre, which I rarely go to. I must say though that Burger King's chips are far better than Mc Donalds'. Ian

dr_drew 18.07.2001 20:53

im surprised that it is pos to like mcdonalds that much. it may be better than burger king but it dont fill ya up and a argument also broke out between my mum and the manager in mc. the milkshakes are over 30% chicken fat