Pelenya 3

Pelenya

Member since:06.05.2001

I'm Not That Hungry

21.06.2002

Advantages:
Quick, drive - thru facilities, relatively inexpensive

Disadvantages:
Hygiene could be better, staff could be more polite

Recommendable No:

33 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Mitsudan
  2. BIGWULL
  3. Poison
  1. o_morris
somewhat helpful by (2%):
  1. adictivepie

McDonald’s has been around since before I was born. As a child, I can remember what a treat it was to be able to go to McDonald’s for a meal. At that time, the restaurants were small with a golden arch on each end. Each one resembled a drive-in more than a restaurant. Most food had to be taken out to the car to eat, as there was little, if any, seating in the restaurant itself.

Now, the McDonalds we all know is a booming business. The restaurants have become high-tech with computerized cash registers, where there are no keys for actually ringing up the amount of the sale. Simply push the products desired on the keyboard. This information is transmitted to the kitchen. The amount due is quickly calculated, as is the amount of change due back after the money has been presented to the cashier.

Raymond Albert “Roy” Kroc started McDonald’s in 1955, when he was in his early 50’s. He had mortgaged his home and invested his life’s savings so that he could become the only distributor of the Multimixer, a five-spindled milk shake maker. He found out that a hamburger stand, called McDonald’s, was using eight of these Multi-mixers at once to produce numerous milkshakes. He approached Dick and Mac McDonald, owners of the hamburger stand, to open several restaurants. It was his idea, at first, to only supply them with the Multimixers. They had no idea who would run the restaurants. Kroc suggested himself, and the rest is history. He opened the first real McDonald’s restaurant in Des Plaines, Illinois, USA. Their first day’s earnings totaled $366.12. Today, McDonald’s has grown to become the largest and best-known foodservice in the world. There are now 30,000 restaurants in 121 countries. Ray Kroc passed away in 1984. He was a man whose dream far surpassed his expectations.

McDonald’s has certainly lost some its hometown charm and personal service over the years. Although it is now a place that my 12-year-old daughter still prefers over any other fast food chain, it is certainly not my favorite. I have found the service at McDonald’s to be appalling on more than one occasion. The servers are often rude and unfriendly. There is more often than not no “thank you” at the end of a transaction. After going through the drive-thru, don’t drive out of the parking lot without checking your bag! The orders are often incorrect. If you ordered a cheeseburger and fries (or chips), don’t be surprised to find a grilled chicken sandwich substituted for the burger!

I will share with you an incident that happened to me at the local McDonald’s when I was pregnant with my daughter. At that time, I had gone through the drive-thru, having placed my order for an Egg McMuffin and an orange juice. Mind you, I was pregnant, and I wanted that Egg McMuffin! I got to the window, and I knew the cashier personally. You will never believe what she said to me: “Well hello there, little pregnant woman! Guess what I did to the lady ahead of you? She gives me a pain up my a**, so I’ve taken care of her this morning.” I said, “What on earth did you do to her, Butch (her nickname)? She answered, “I put an Ex-Lax in her coffee. I hope she sh*ts all day long.” I answered her, “You’ve got to be kidding!” To which she replied, “No, I’m not kidding, and if you tell on me, I’m coming after you.”

I never did tell on Ioron (aka Butch). I was too afraid! She was a well-known local radio personality who worked at McDonald’s as a second means of income. I don’t think I’d have had the nerve to do what she did, but it was pretty funny. You all must think we Americans are obsessed with laxatives!!!

It isn’t because of Butch that McDonald’s isn’t my favorite fast food restaurant. I just simply find their burgers to taste nothing like the real ones I prefer. I like my burgers to be thick with juice running from them at every bite. I feel that Burger King’s burgers are closer to the old-fashioned ones by far. Also, I’ve found that their restroom facilities are often in disarray. The floors generally look like they could use another good mopping, and the tables haven’t been cleared from the previous customers.

Although it will do in a pinch when I’m really in a hurry (or when I have Meredyth in the car with me), you’ll generally find me passing by McDonalds and heading for another food stop.

***I hope I’ve made sense in this opinion. Jon has had me in stitches the entire time I’ve been writing it. He’s been playing rugby sounds in the background, which he’s downloaded off Audiogalaxy. To name a few: An Engineer Told Me Before He Died, Balls to Your Partner, Bum Titty Bum Titty Titty Bum, and On Top of Old Sophie. Just imagine……..****

~~~SOME OF THE RATINGS BELOW DO NOT APPLY TO THIS OP~~~

adictivepie 24.02.2007 19:43

Loron is not a nice person

NIKNAKy2k2 08.07.2002 14:38

I much prefer burger king to Mcdonalds, Good op...Nick

Caprina1 03.07.2002 14:24

I have to say that McDonald's in the U.S. is really bad, and I've been there only a couple of times. Even my niece prefers BK! I wonder if Butch is still working there?