McVitie´s HobNobs

McVitie´s HobNobs

Review of "McVitie´s HobNobs"

published 28/04/2004 | Louise90
Member since : 01/02/2001
Pro Nice taste. A trustworthy brand of biscuits.
Cons You could end up eating more than you intended!
Smell
Product Quality

"Let's go hobnobbing, shall we?!"

When it comes to biscuits, I'm a glutten for punishment. I normally go for the McVitie's chocolate digestives. But, when shopping in my local Spar the other day, I noticed they had McVitie's Hobnobs on buy one get one free offer. Not one for ever turning down an offer like that, I picked two packets up! One 300g packet of these biscuits cost me £0.85p - not bad considering I paid this for 2 packets!

PACKAGING
~~~~~~~~~~
The packet is mainly a warm orange colour with the named brand plastered around the packet. The words 'nobby, oaty biscuits' is under Hobnobs. And nobby and oaty they are! On one side of the packet are the ingredients, nutrition information and contact details. There is an easy 'tear here' tag which will easily open the packet.

THE BISCUITS
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per biscuit, there are 69 calories and 3.1g of fat. Not good if you're on a diet, but hey, good for a treat!

Each biscuit is the size of a normal McVities digestive. To look at they, indeed, look very nobby! Not as smooth as their sister biscuit. You can see the oats in the biscuit. There isn't really much of a noticeable aroma to them. Just a slight aroma to them, a bit like ginger nuts, which presumably is the sugar syrup. The biscuits contains 38% of rolled oats, which isn't too bad. To look at, they are a light brown in colour.

THE TASTE
~~~~~~~~~
Now onto the taste. They don't taste too sweet, which is good. I never like things that are too sweet. There is a nice crunchy texture to them. The oaty part of the biscuit can sometimes linger in your mouth, so a drink may be useful to have. Although I usually have a cup of tea with mine anyway. (Good for the old dunking process!!).

These biscuits contains sugar syrup, which will give it that syrupy taste. The combination of the sugar syrup and oats goes really well together.

The hobnobs may contain traces of nuts, so be aware if you have a nut allergy.

MY VERDICT
~~~~~~~~~~
I haven't had these biscuits in a long time. (If I had, I'd have written a review about them before now!!). But, in all honesty, I had forgotten how nice they were until now. I'll still be loyal to McVitie's chocolate digestives, but if I want to digress anytiime, I shall opt for their hobnobs. They really are very nice, and a nice biscuit to have with a cuppa. Enjoy!

CONTACT DETAILS

Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm

Thanks for reading!
Louise

• SweetTooth93 published 07/09/2008
    I hate the little oaties that get stuck in your teeth, but I love the biccy at the time xx
  • DBZKing published 12/06/2004
    nice review - DBZKing
  • kelr101 published 30/05/2004
    Hobnobs are delicious!!! Great review kels x